Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App not working on Scientific Atlantic 4250HDC

New Poster

Xfinity TV App not working on Scientific Atlantic 4250HDC

Says no devices found... I dont see the 4250HDC as devices not supported. Is this app for DRVs only? Do I need to update or enable anything on the box? Using the android version of this App.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV App not working on Scientific Atlantic 4250HDC

Rui1 wrote:

Says no devices found... I dont see the 4250HDC as devices not supported. Is this app for DRVs only? Do I need to update or enable anything on the box? Using the android version of this App.

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I just downloaded the xfinityTV app for my iPhone 4.  I cannot schedule DVR recordings remotely, however.  I called Comcast and was told that the Scientific Atlanta equipment that I have cannot support these features.  That is fine, as my box is 3 years old, however, I asked if I could upgrade my equipment and the answer is NO.  Shocking!  Anyway, I'm in the 26505 market and would like to know when our area will either switch to the Motorola equipment OR get Scientific Atlanta to provide equipment that can handle these features?  Thanks for your help!

Silver Problem Solver

SA does not get motorola equipment.   According to comcast most of the country that is SA cisco should have this functionality by the end of next year.

Frequent Visitor

And when you get it you will have to upgrade to Anyroom service and have a second box in order to use it. Comcast won;t tell you that upfront, so expect it and you will have to pay more to get it.

Silver Problem Solver

well it is true in your market it is only available with anyroom, that is because you need to get an updated dvr to have it work, it will not work with older boxes, only way to get the right dvr is to get anyroom, anyroom is not much more than a standard dvr I think 2=3 dollars.  If your in a promo though or xf extreme package anyroom comes free