New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App Not Showing Listings

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity TV App Not Showing Listings

Hello, I'm having trouble with the Xfinity TV app on both an iPad 2 and two iPhone 4.  Both of these devices are running on iOS 5.1.1.  Ever since updating the Xfinity TV app to version 1.10.3, I am unable to view TV Listings on any of my iDevices.  Upon opening the app, I receive the following message: "Data Unavailable.  We're experiencing some difficulties.  You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working."

I have tried deleting the app from my devices, restarting my phone, and then downloading the app from the app store, but that does not fix the problem.  I have also tried deleting the app, and then installing it onto my iPhone from my computer, which also has not worked.  I have even tried down-grading the Xfinity TV app to version 1.10.2 (which previously worked perfectly), but I still receive the same error message.

The TV Listings, and the ability to set DVR recordings from them is the only feature of this app that I really use.  Can anybody help me get this functioning again?

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV App Not Showing Listings

clear cookies clear cache.  restart the device.  go to settings and then to the app, in the app settings clear your data.  sign out and then back into the app, try again.  This also might just be a temporary issue with comcast.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

clear cookies clear cache.  restart the device.  go to settings and then to the app, in the app settings clear your data.  sign out and then back into the app, try again.  This also might just be a temporary issue with comcast.

Official Employee

smcgow wrote:

Hello, I'm having trouble with the Xfinity TV app on both an iPad 2 and two iPhone 4.  Both of these devices are running on iOS 5.1.1.  Ever since updating the Xfinity TV app to version 1.10.3, I am unable to view TV Listings on any of my iDevices.  Upon opening the app, I receive the following message: "Data Unavailable.  We're experiencing some difficulties.  You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working."

I have tried deleting the app from my devices, restarting my phone, and then downloading the app from the app store, but that does not fix the problem.  I have also tried deleting the app, and then installing it onto my iPhone from my computer, which also has not worked.  I have even tried down-grading the Xfinity TV app to version 1.10.2 (which previously worked perfectly), but I still receive the same error message.

The TV Listings, and the ability to set DVR recordings from them is the only feature of this app that I really use.  Can anybody help me get this functioning again?

Are you signed in when browsing the app?

Are there any other features that do not work?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

ROG286713:

While trying to follow your directions, I actually found the problem.  So thanks!  LOL.  I wasn't sure what you meant by saying to go into the app's settings and clear my data.  So, I looked at every setting in the app.  For some reason, my channel lineup had changed to "Comcast recommended Lineup (DAC: 149_126)"  I have no idea why, or what that is.  However, I changed my channel lineup by using my zipcode, and now my TV Listings appear.  Everything functions again on one phone, now I'll have to try this on my family's devices!

Now, why couldn't any of the tech support agents I spoke with at Xfinity Apps Support suggest I do this?

Silver Problem Solver

yup, you have to set your zip also or the app does not know what to show you. 

New Poster

I probably did it when I first got the app a couple years ago, but I haven't had to do it since.  Even after many previous updates.  I wonder if that's the same problem many others are complaining about on iTunes's App Store.

Silver Problem Solver

probably, during the initial set up you have to put in your zip if that gets lost it does not prompt you to put it in again so you have to know its there.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation