Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App - Connection Error 3305

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App - Connection Error 3305

I would like some help with watching and downloading a show useing the Xfinity TV app.

When I'm connected to the interent via WiFi I'm getting Connection Error:: 3305 both on my iPhone and iPad.  I've also tried to download the show and get an error message Could not Create a Download.  

If I use cellular data I can watch the show and download it but I dont' want to do that since I'm currently traveling overseas and the charges from AT&T would astronomically.

This was fine before I headed out of the country and worked before.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV App - Connection Error 3305

Apprentice1 wrote:

I'm also overseas and receiving the 3305 connection error. I can access NBC sports and fox sports so I'm thinking it's not the wifi provider at my hotel. Be nice if Comcast would respond with their explanation.

Due to contractual restrictions, XFINITY TV app and website are blocked from use when outside the USA.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

I'm wondering if you could be getting the error due to the WiFi network you are currently using. You said you are currently traveling overseas, so I believe it is safe to assume you are not on your home wifi network. If that is the case, it could be that WiFi network is somehow throttling that connection and not allowing streaming/downloading of extremely large video files.

I've tried to use the Xfinity TV app in some chain restaurants here in the U.S. which offer free WiFi.  The app will connect and I can see the list of my recordings, but when I try to watch a recording it fails.  This is due to the restaurant limiting what I can actually stream on their WiFi network.

You have to remember, free WiFi doesn't always equal the same WiFi you have at home.

Also, some content owners do not allow their shows to be shown out of the country through the TV app, and your error could be a symptom of just that, although that error message (3305) indicates a problem with the connection to the Internet. 

New Poster

I'm also overseas and receiving the 3305 connection error. I can access NBC sports and fox sports so I'm thinking it's not the wifi provider at my hotel. Be nice if Comcast would respond with their explanation.

New Poster

I'm also having the same problem overseas. I have a 30 mb wifi connection, and have no trouble watching YouTube videos, but can't watch any xfinity recordings. My internet connection is plenty fast enough
Highlighted
Official Employee

Apprentice1 wrote:

Due to contractual restrictions, XFINITY TV app and website are blocked from use when outside the USA.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation