New to the Community? Start here.
This problem happens a lot. I'm in my home, using the TV app on Android tablet. Browsing recorded content shows list of shows that I have never recorded. These recordings, apparently associated with some other account, will play just fine, but they are not from my DVR. If I change the settings and log on again (regristering the device once more), it will show the correct programs and play them, but after sleeping or rebooting, the app will once again show a list that is presumably associated with some other account. Particularly annoying in that to see my shows, I have to repeatedly go through the device registration process for the same tablet.
I'm thinking this has shown up a cross a couple of installs, but glad to do it again next time the problem occurs.
Newest issue for this app: some shows, both recorded and on demand (Showtime) are listed "Title hidden by Safe Browse", what's up with that?
I have this issue also. Reinstalling the app doesn't help either. Today when I reset it, it continued to log into the same, wrong account. It also is telling me that I'm not on my home wifi network (i'm guessing its looking for the other persons wifi network).
I also have the app running correctly on my phone and another tablet (both also androids).
My affected tablet (see original post) now behaves the same as reported by Jayc313. Rebooting, reinstalling, using alternate logon, nothing works. I spent some time with the Comcast help center in Denver Co. a couple of days back. After several iterations of reboot, uninstall, reinstall, bug continued to be in charge. Problem ticket submitted, am waiting to hear from an engineer.
Latest reinstall shows no DVR recordings (previously showed recordings not made on my DVR); listings guide for a different market; on demand listings. Nothing can be viewed. App works great on Droid phone.
I have erased the tablet (reset to factory settings), reinstalled TV app, same behavior.
Today, the xfinity tech help agent I've been working with called and asked whether I had used the TV app recently. I woke it up and checked, and the app still showed listings from some other market and recordings from some other DVR, and the listings once again displayed the "in-home only" label. After reprovisioning the device ("change household" settings menu item), the problem had disappeared, for the first time in a couple of weeks. Jayc313, if you are still having this problem, you should use the "change households" process. If the bug is still there, you might want to call Xfinity.
After one day of flawless performance (see naive "Resolved!" post), The bug was back, and won't go away. Have done everything imaginable to get it to work properly, but it persists with displaying listing from the wrong market and DVR recordings not from my account.
I surmise that in fact the engineers have not discovered or corrected anything. If anyone is having the same issue on any device, please contact Comcast and report it.