Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Streaming and Chromecast

New Poster

Xfinity Streaming and Chromecast

Considering dropping our traditional Comcast service and going with the streaming service...much more economical...but my TV isn't 'smart'.  Can I 'cast' the streaming service to my TV?  Question #2: does the streaming service offer HD?  

Thanks! 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Streaming and Chromecast

dnl wrote:

Considering dropping our traditional Comcast service and going with the streaming service...much more economical...but my TV isn't 'smart'.  Can I 'cast' the streaming service to my TV?  Question #2: does the streaming service offer HD?  

Thanks! 

If you use a pc you can cast using devices like chrome cast or just use an hdmi cable.

Yes some channels are in HD -

"Does XFINITY Stream package include HD channels?
Yes, most channels included in your XFINITY Stream package lineup are available in HD."

Source - https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/stream-faqs/

New Poster

I know I can use a PC, but can I cast to the TV from a phone or tablet using Chromecast or Viziocast (from my soundbar)?
Bronze Problem Solver

dnl wrote:
I know I can use a PC, but can I cast to the TV from a phone or tablet using Chromecast or Viziocast (from my soundbar)?

Casting or mirroring of any kind the screen of a mobile device is blocked when using the app to stream

New Poster

I just had an agent tell me you can cast from a phone but you say you cannot. I believe you because it does not work. The sales agents will tell any lie to get you to sign up.
New Poster

I would suggest giving YouTubeTV a try. Lower price/channel lineup and Chromecast support.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation