Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Streaming TV and Samsung Smart TV

New Poster

Xfinity Streaming TV and Samsung Smart TV

Does anyone know when the app for this will be available?  Has anyone got a work around?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Streaming TV and Samsung Smart TV

Most Xfinity streaming tv was meant for smaller devices getting a 480p stream over the internet on broadband.

You really don't need their service. All you need is any high-speed broadband service. Use the apps found on your Samsung smart tv. They do not require using a Comcast X1 cable-box.

New Poster

Why would I want to subscribe and pay to multiple other sources of video?  The purpose is to view the television channels they are streaming and there is no way to do this other than attaching a computer to the TV.  They  are selling a package that no one can use.

Service Expert

John32084 wrote:

Why would I want to subscribe and pay to multiple other sources of video?  The purpose is to view the television channels they are streaming and there is no way to do this other than attaching a computer to the TV.  They  are selling a package that no one can use.

"no one"?  That sounds strange.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I would suggest checking your apps on your smart tv. Check under "My apps" for what is already there for use. They are for use on a large screen tv.

The current Xfinity is not, and many problems using that app for even smaller devices is "iffy" at best.

Regular Visitor

There is no app for xfinity on any of my new 2017 Samsung tvs, and no method to acquire them. Samsung indicates additional apps will be automatically added when available. 

New Poster

Xfinity streaming is not compatible with Samsung tv browser.  Found this out after I purchased and mounted on wall and use my wifi.