Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Streaming App

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Streaming App

I cannot get an answer from a Comcast employee so I thought I could ask the community if they are having any issues with the xfinity streaming app. When I try to watch it tells me that I'm not in my home network, but I am. I am connected to my network, not a public Wifi since that seems to be what they tend to ask. It was working and then it just stopped. I have my own modem -- it is the Comcast approved latest modem and my speeds are fine. Everything is fine except for the Xfinity streaming app not allowing us to watch on any devices. It lets us watch on "TV to Go" but we are at home. It tells us we are not when we try to watch certain channels that we are supposed to be able to watch at home. 

You normally get several different answers from whatever Comcast person you get when calling the 800 number and I do not think they know anything about the app. Is this another glitch? Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Streaming App

SureB wrote:

I cannot get an answer from a Comcast employee so I thought I could ask the community if they are having any issues with the xfinity streaming app. When I try to watch it tells me that I'm not in my home network, but I am. I am connected to my network, not a public Wifi since that seems to be what they tend to ask. It was working and then it just stopped. I have my own modem -- it is the Comcast approved latest modem and my speeds are fine. Everything is fine except for the Xfinity streaming app not allowing us to watch on any devices. It lets us watch on "TV to Go" but we are at home. It tells us we are not when we try to watch certain channels that we are supposed to be able to watch at home. 

You normally get several different answers from whatever Comcast person you get when calling the 800 number and I do not think they know anything about the app. Is this another glitch? Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you.

I had this problem a few nights ago on wired and wireless, on the web site and on the app. I checked all of my equipment and all seemed fine. I called support and asked for my account to be refreshed, and a few minutes later it was working again. So if nothing has changed since you last used streaming at home, you might want to give this a try. A number of others have posted the same problem over the weekend, I guess their system glitched and messed up some accounts.

New Poster

I am having th same problem and am NOT using the app. Streaming to my computer come and goes with no reason apparent.  Customer service just says they will refreash by user information account.

Bronze Problem Solver

ajweibel1344 wrote:

I am having th same problem and am NOT using the app. Streaming to my computer come and goes with no reason apparent.  Customer service just says they will refreash by user information account.

What do you mean "come and goes"?

Official Employee

Hello SureB, I have responded to your private message regarding this issue please reach back out to me there. 

ajweibel1344, I can assist you as well. We may need to refresh your modem and entitlements on our end, to do so please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your username, account number, street address, and the full name on the account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation