New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream screen cast

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity Stream screen cast

Is there a way to stream-cast from Xfinity Stream mobile app to Chromecast (not just mirror screen)? Just like ok HBO Go. If not, will this feature be added soon?
Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Stream screen cast

dominusdemonum wrote:
I have a Samsung Smart Home Theatre System and Samsung Smart TV. I stream all my online media through them (Netflix, Hulu, HBO go etc). Their is no Xfinity app for either of them Smiley Sad

No there isn't, and I don't think there ever will be

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

dominusdemonum wrote:
Is there a way to stream-cast from Xfinity Stream mobile app to Chromecast (not just mirror screen)? Just like ok HBO Go. If not, will this feature be added soon?

Casting or mirroring from mobile devices is blocked by comcast, they have not mentioned any plans to allow this. The only way to get stream to tv is with a pc and hooking pc to tv using hdmi.

Official Employee

dominusdemonum, mvenanzi is correct. This is not an active feature at the moment. I have not been told of a release date for this feature. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thank you both.
The whole point behind my question was to be able to watch videos from Xfinity on my large screen TV and surround sound without the hassles of cables. If casting is prohibited, perhaps you could create a smart TV app for Xfinity Stream (like Netflix or Hulu) that I can install on my player/TV. I would still have to log in with my valid membership, so piracy or security should not be an issue. This would be a "nice to have" feature.
Bronze Problem Solver

dominusdemonum wrote:
Thank you both.
The whole point behind my question was to be able to watch videos from Xfinity on my large screen TV and surround sound without the hassles of cables. If casting is prohibited, perhaps you could create a smart TV app for Xfinity Stream (like Netflix or Hulu) that I can install on my player/TV. I would still have to log in with my valid membership, so piracy or security should not be an issue. This would be a "nice to have" feature.

They do have a roku app

New Poster

I have a Samsung Smart Home Theatre System and Samsung Smart TV. I stream all my online media through them (Netflix, Hulu, HBO go etc). Their is no Xfinity app for either of them Smiley Sad
Bronze Problem Solver

dominusdemonum wrote:

No there isn't, and I don't think there ever will be

New Poster

Then I'll have to live with that.

Thanks for your replies.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation