Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Stream does not show most recent DVR recordings

New Poster

Xfinity Stream does not show most recent DVR recordings

I also can't watch any live TV channels despite being at home on my home network.  This is the same for the mobile app and desktop.  Everything worked just fine until about a week ago. 

I tried cycling modem, signing in and out of the app, updating the app and cycling the DVR.  No change.

Little help here, Comcast?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream does not show most recent DVR recordings

I am not fininding most recent ones not showing but older recordings that I know some were set to me deleting not appearing as I am using it remotely. I also cannot set up a program to record remotely and I used to be able to do that. I have a series recording I wanted to stop and I also cannot edit the recording remotely. 

New Poster

Comcast had to remove the ability to remotely operate your DVR via app/web due to an ongoing patent lawsuit.  Your best bet it to call and register a complaint with customer service (along with every other subscriber out there) in order to put some pressure on them to get their sh%t together and settle.

Service Expert

@BPix wrote:

I also can't watch any live TV channels despite being at home on my home network.  This is the same for the mobile app and desktop.  Everything worked just fine until about a week ago. 

I tried cycling modem, signing in and out of the app, updating the app and cycling the DVR.  No change.

Little help here, Comcast?

this is fixable and some tests will narrow down the issue. using the smart device mobile app 'xfinity my account' login and select the internet tab. touch the 'modem' if one is shown and compare the serial number shown with the numbers on your current modem/gateway. are they the same?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation