Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,875,389

members

1,222

online

29,329

topics

Top

Xfinity Stream audio problem

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream audio problem

I have a lap top computer with an external monitor connected by an HDMI cable. There was nothing wrong with the video or audio until I started my computer in safe mode and ran 2 different anti virus programs. There was no virus detected. I get video audio from the lap top without a problem. I get the audio from the HDMI cable to the external monitor for all videos except Xfinity Stream. Something somewhere in Xfinity Stream has been turned off preventing the audio, which does work and can be heard from the lap top, from being transferred by the HDMI to the external monitor. This problem is only with Xfinity Stream video. There is no external monitor audio problem with any other videos. What happen? How can I fix this?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem


igoski1 wrote:

I have a lap top computer with an external monitor connected by an HDMI cable. There was nothing wrong with the video or audio until I started my computer in safe mode and ran 2 different anti virus programs. There was no virus detected. I get video audio from the lap top without a problem. I get the audio from the HDMI cable to the external monitor for all videos except Xfinity Stream. Something somewhere in Xfinity Stream has been turned off preventing the audio, which does work and can be heard from the lap top, from being transferred by the HDMI to the external monitor. This problem is only with Xfinity Stream video. There is no external monitor audio problem with any other videos. What happen? How can I fix this?


Try chrome browser, if sound is back, you've been hit with the adobe flash bug

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem

Thanks for the response. I don’t have Chrome browser loaded on my computer, but I do have Firefox. I can fine and load Chrome or at least you gave me something to look at for the cause.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem


igoski1 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I don’t have Chrome browser loaded on my computer, but I do have Firefox. I can fine and load Chrome or at least you gave me something to look at for the cause.


Chrome has its own internal version of flash that is not affected by the adobe flash bug

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem

OK Looks like I need to find and load Chrome. I have no idea about this adobe flash bug. But I have been getting prompts that my adobe flash player has issues and needs to be reloaded.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem


igoski1 wrote:

OK Looks like I need to find and load Chrome. I have no idea about this adobe flash bug. But I have been getting prompts that my adobe flash player has issues and needs to be reloaded.


Chrome download is here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem

Thanks for the Chrome link. I got it down loaded and it works great without the audio problems. I did wont to test the Adobe Flash Player issues with Firefox and Internet Explorer. I made sure Adobe Flash Player was down loaded, and had no audio problems with Firefox. Then tried Internet Explorer and had the same issues. Went back to try Firefox again, but it would not work at all. I looked to see if Adobe Flash Player was still there, to find it was gone! Deleted! I guess the bug ate it again. So I guess I have the problem with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security not good enough to find the virus or virus’s I have. Any suggestion on an antivirus software that actually works?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem


igoski1 wrote:

Thanks for the Chrome link. I got it down loaded and it works great without the audio problems. I did wont to test the Adobe Flash Player issues with Firefox and Internet Explorer. I made sure Adobe Flash Player was down loaded, and had no audio problems with Firefox. Then tried Internet Explorer and had the same issues. Went back to try Firefox again, but it would not work at all. I looked to see if Adobe Flash Player was still there, to find it was gone! Deleted! I guess the bug ate it again. So I guess I have the problem with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security not good enough to find the virus or virus’s I have. Any suggestion on an antivirus software that actually works?


Not sure what you're talking about "I looked to see if Adobe Flash Player was still there, to find it was gone! Deleted", the bug only concerns audio. If flash were uninstalled, you would not even be able to load the stream web site in firefox.

 

For anti-virus software, comcast offers Norton security suite free to internet subscribers. More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/install-norton-security-suite/

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Stream audio problem

Thanks for the Norton security suite free link. I will give it a try. Im trying a few you tube suggestions now on how to clean a PC. To try to clear up my last post, the time line was: I loaded and made sure Adobe Flash Player was listed in my apps. Used Fire Fox with no problems. Used Internet Explorer and had the same audio problem. Then went back to try Fire Fox again for the 2nd time and the Xfinity stream would not do anything at all (when I had just had no problems before) and I get a message that I needed to down load Adobe Flash Player. Thats when I went and look to see Adobe Flash Player was no longer in the apps. where it was before I tried to use Internet Explorer. Im not good at all this computer stuff at all, but it seems to me the bug is in the Internet Explorer program. Adobe Flash Player was in the apps., I used Internet Explorer, then Adobe Flash Player was gone. Maybe, if I deleted Internet Explorer from my computer and then reloaded it with a new down load, that would kill the bug? Right now I'm running Malwarebytes again with You Tube suggestions on a custom scan, going on 4 hours and counting with 0 threats identified.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 625 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation