Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream Problems

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 15

I am having problems with the XFINITY stream app. First is on several shows recorded on the DVR when I download them then attempt to play them they will start in the middle or other spots not at the beginning. The second is some shows can't be download as an error message states this show can't be downloaded at this time try another show or in a few minutes. I am using the Xfinity stream app on an iPad Air 2.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, restarted the dvr, refreshed the dvr, and signed out several times also. Any ideas to fix this problem would be appreciated.  I left big satellite tv thinking Xfinity would be better but unfortunately for me I'm at the point of thinking I made a huge mistake. 

14 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 15

I am having the same problem.  All DVR shows I try to watch on the xfinity streaming app start playing 30 or so minutes into the show.  This never used to happen.  Doesn't seem to matter which network the show was recorded from.  Tried same things to resolve issue as the sender who sent message on 3/16/17.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 15

streamproblem wrote:

I am having problems with the XFINITY stream app. First is on several shows recorded on the DVR when I download them then attempt to play them they will start in the middle or other spots not at the beginning. The second is some shows can't be download as an error message states this show can't be downloaded at this time try another show or in a few minutes. I am using the Xfinity stream app on an iPad Air 2.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times, restarted the dvr, refreshed the dvr, and signed out several times also. Any ideas to fix this problem would be appreciated.  I left big satellite tv thinking Xfinity would be better but unfortunately for me I'm at the point of thinking I made a huge mistake. 

Customers in Detroit, Chicago, and Twin Cities are experiencing truncated Cloud DVR recordings at excessive rates (mostly during primetime). Cloud DVR recordings are entirely separate from the recordings on your physical DVR. Once they are bad, corrupted, or not fully recorded, there's nothing you can do to fix them except delete and try to record the show again at the nex airing. The other fallback is to see if the show is available via On Demand (easiest to use search rather than browse the entire catalog).

I'm really sorry - wish I had something more useful to offer. I just don't want to see you wasting time reinstalling the app (it has nothing to do with the app) or restarting your in-home DVR (it has nothing to do with your DVR). 

The engineering team is aware and working on resolving. Again, sorry.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 15

Is there anyway to download from my dvr instead of the cloud? Only being able to download from the cloud doesn't seem like a good idea especially if Comcast is aware of this problem and unable or unwilling to fix this problem.  It has been happening for at least a week.  

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 15

streamproblem wrote:

Is there anyway to download from my dvr instead of the cloud? Only being able to download from the cloud doesn't seem like a good idea especially if Comcast is aware of this problem and unable or unwilling to fix this problem.  It has been happening for at least a week.  

No, it isn't technically possible to get content off your physical DVR and put it onto a mobile device.

Have you checked to see if the show or movie you want to watch is available from On Demand? I realize it isn't a solution to the actual issue but may be a temporary workaround while our engineers are hard at work resolving the issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 15

Thanks for the replies, but the reason I need to download recorded shows is the lack of internet coverage at the locations I use the iPad to watch shows. This is one of the reasons I switched to Xfinity from direct as their mobile app took too long to download shows, but at least they did download.  I hope Comcast is able to resolve this issue soon, I see there are numerous others with the same problem. Too bad I am under contract still. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 15

I too am having problems since it upgraded from TV-Go to Stream.  Loads listings and then dies.  I can search for shows and watch that way.  Most frustrating.  I liked the old app better.  Much more stable.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 15

A few days ago, streaming on Xfinity stopped for all browsers on one of my computers.  When I try to go to the Xfinity streaming page, it just never connects.  I tried calling for help, but it was hard to get technical support to go off script and stop trying to troubleshoot the problem as if it were a problem with my modem.  (Obviously, the modem worked with another computer, so that could not have been the problem.)  Anyway, it looks like I will just have to use the other computer for streaming.  I get no error logs on my computer or indication that anything is wrong.  Turning off virus protection has no effect.  The problem exists with all three browsers on my machine, so it isn't the browser.  Simply a mystery.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 15

We are experiencing the exact same problem with ONE computer in the house and Xfinity has been of no help whatsoever.  We have called three times at this point with no solution.  I have even downloaded Chrome and it just comes up to the page that says it is connecting and never does.  Not sure where to go from here.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 10 of 15

Same exact problems. The app is worthless. I have called into customer service several times. Nothing happens. Thankfully I am not under contract  and will be leaving Comcast. I have been with them for 25 years, but this service is unacceptable. I am also having Comcast email problems. It runs very slow and crashes my computer at times. A customer service rep actually told me to use a gmail or another free service. Huh? How about fixing the issues?  The stream problems and the email issues all happened about the same time. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 15
Pls knack up
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 12 of 15

I agree. How many times does the movie have to download? Change stream app back to tv go.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 13 of 15

This is still happening. How hard can this be to fix?  I am away from home in the winter and I am encountering many truncated programs in the mobile app.  How hard can this be to fix?  Neflix and HBO apps do not have this sort of problem!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 15

I have had this issue for YEARS... sevaral tickets with comcast later.. still have the issue.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 15 of 15

I think it's time that Xfinity makes adjustments to my bill based on the fact that they are not delivering the services they are charging for?