Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Stream App says I'm not on my home network

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App says I'm not on my home network

Every week I can't watch shows via the Xfinity Stream App because it says I'm not connected to my home wifi (even though I am).  I'll call the help desk and after an hour they'll fix the issue.  It will work for a week or so then I get the same error.  I've called each of the last 5 weeks to get the problem corrected.  How do I get this resolved permanently?  I do notice on my account page, sometimes it shows I have a voice modem and a data modem, but when it's not working it lists one modem (voice and data).  I'm thinking this has something to do with the problem.  The last time I called they said since I've called so much they need to send a technician.  Needless to say all of the equipment was working perfectly.  It's not an equipment issue.  Please help!

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App says I'm not on my home network

@cudwt wrote:

Every week I can't watch shows via the Xfinity Stream App because it says I'm not connected to my home wifi (even though I am).  I'll call the help desk and after an hour they'll fix the issue.  It will work for a week or so then I get the same error.  I've called each of the last 5 weeks to get the problem corrected.  How do I get this resolved permanently?  I do notice on my account page, sometimes it shows I have a voice modem and a data modem, but when it's not working it lists one modem (voice and data).  I'm thinking this has something to do with the problem.  The last time I called they said since I've called so much they need to send a technician.  Needless to say all of the equipment was working perfectly.  It's not an equipment issue.  Please help!

your account can have but one 'modem' (actually a gateway). find the device that is connected to the coax (the modem) and take a picture of the HFC MAC address. call 800-Comcast select billing and have them remove the 'other' modem that does not match the one you took a picture of and then the problem will be fixed permanently.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: Xfinity Stream App says I'm not on my home network

Hi cudwt -- You are allowed to use two modems if you have a Triple Play. You can use one Data Only modem and one modem for Voice service. The Voice modem can be an Internet/Voice Gateway though only the Voice ability will be active. All you data will run through your Data Only modem. 

You mentioned that when it's not working, you're only able to see your Internet/Voice modem. Since that modem isn't transmitting any data, then what would be happening is something is knocking your data modem offline or causing an error where it's not showing up on your account. Either scenario would cause what you've described with the app. 

I can review this further for you. Please send me a PM with your name, and either account number or linked phone number for authentication.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation