New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream App only on In-Home BUT I AM AT HOME

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity Stream App only on In-Home BUT I AM AT HOME

I downloaded the Xfinity Stream app beta for my Roku.  It worked perfectly in my old apartment.  I just switched apartments, using the same Xfinity wifi. But the login screen keeps saying that I can only acces the Xfinity Stream app on my in-home wifi WHICH I AM.  I tried restarting the Roku and checking for an update but those did not work.  I also double checked that the wifi the device was using is my xfinity wifi.

When I first click on the app, it gives me a new number to use to authorize it, which I have done about 5 times and only had to do once at my old apartment.  I then get the (error creatDrmSession.403-102) message about only being able to use the app on in-home wifi.  

Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Stream App only on In-Home BUT I AM AT HOME

Thank you for that information, this can be resolved by sending a signal to your modem. Also please go to your network setting on the device and make sure you're connected to your home Wi-Fi and not the public Wi-Fi. Then remove the app and install it again. If you're on the computer please sign out. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi agsanford, have you tried using the app on another device other than your Roku? Have you tried rebooting your modem? Please perform these task and reply back with your results. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been having the same problem for about the last 24 hours, both with Chrome for Windows10 on my computer and the Stream TV app on my Android phone.  Have resarted all software and devices several times, searched and checked all the settings, scanned for updates and viruses, and restarted the modem several times, and Xfinity still tells me I can't watch In Home networks because I'm not connected to my Home wifi, even though I am connected to my Home wifi.  My computer is even connected to the modem/router by ethernet cord.

The TVGO channels work fine, but a lot of the big football games tomorrow will be on the In Home only broadcast networks, so it'd be nice if Comcast would get this staightened out.

Official Employee

Hi gasvp, if you have already tried using the app and online and get the same error your modem will more than likely need provisioned so that your equipment reads your "In home". I can send the signal from here, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Actually, when I reread the OP, it's not quite the same problem, as I can login and watch TVGO channels, but I can't watch In Home channels, even though I'm connected on my Home network.  Been watching In Home channles with no problem on all devices for months now, until yesterday afternoon.

Official Employee

Can you please tell me what you mean when you say "In Home channels"? You can also provide some examples, normally when the app says you need to be "In home" in is referring to being connected to your account Wi-Fi. Also mostly live content such as games and TV shows are listed as "watch in home only". Are you trying to watch live TV or on demand content? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

It's when streaming Live TV.  CBS, NBC, etc., local stations are marked "Available to watch in home only", and when you tap info bubble beside it , it says, "Some networks only allow their content to be viewed when you are on your home WiFi. Look for TV Go options to watch anywhere, any time."  But I'm connected to my home wifi.

New Poster

Did PM you the acct info btw.

Official Employee

Thank you for that information, this can be resolved by sending a signal to your modem. Also please go to your network setting on the device and make sure you're connected to your home Wi-Fi and not the public Wi-Fi. Then remove the app and install it again. If you're on the computer please sign out. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Had to add one more modem restart, but am now getting all my channels on all platforms!  TYVM!

Official Employee

You're welcome, thank you for sharing your resolution with us. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation