Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Share App - Error Code 28005

New Poster

Xfinity Share App - Error Code 28005

I happened upon the Xfinity Share app earlier this week and after a bit of research I was anxious to give it a try.  Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to upload any photos using my iPhone 6 as I kept receiving an error that the upload had failed and to please try again later (error code 28005).  I tried turning off WiFi and using LTE, I tried uploading different photos, I tried power-cycling my iPhone and my X1 box, I even tried using a completely different device...still got the same error 28005 when trying to upload photos.

Finally, I gave up and called Xfinity support.  Within minutes I was speaking to a live rep that was pleasant and polite and guaranteed she would work with me until my issue was resolved.  Hours later, I had spoken to five different reps, each one requiring me to confirm my name, full billing address, social security number...and my issue was still unresolved.  My final unsuccessful chat was with level 2 app support.  It was obvious he didn't know much about the Xfinity Share app and after he had no luck with reset signals, he said that it would need to be escalated and that someone would contact me the following day.  He assured me that this person would be more knowledgeable of the Xfinity Share app and better equipped to solve my issue.  I chose 12-5PM EST the following day as my preferred window for a rep to contact me and hung up with cautious optimism that my issue would be resolved soon.

Par for the course of a typical Xfinity support experience I never received that call, so I'm trying my luck here instead.  If anyone has had similiar problems with the Xfinity Share app and has suggestions on how to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation