New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Remote APP

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Remote APP

Xfinity Remote APP

Does anyone know if the xfinity remote app has any limitations on the TV you are using. I connected my HD set-top-box to an older 50” Toshiba using the coax connection for the picture. I cannot get the app to have a successful test. The set-top-box works fine, with the TV but the setup never shows the app on the screen when you do the setup. Just wondering is the TV just too old. I just thought if it shows the picture why the TV would matter.

I reconnected the set-top-box to my original HD TV but this time I used the coax connection not the HD just to see if the app would work via coax. It worked perfectly using the coax. Just did not work on the older TV. I spoke to Comcast via the chat help; they said I need a new set-top-box. I know that to be NOT TRUE.

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Remote APP

This should not have anything to do with your TV.  There are only certain STBs that are compatible with the XFINITY TV remote app.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Remote APP

MY STB when connected to the other TV and using the same Tablet software does not display the test screen on the TV. It works perfect on the newer HD TV. Any Suggestions

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation