New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Player for Android

ANSWERED
Contributor

Xfinity Player for Android

Cannot consistently use this app...  I am now getting a "Please Check your internet connection" message when I try to play anything.  My connection is fine I am able to use any other app that reaches out to the internet.  I am running a rooted but stock Android ICS build from ASUS in the same room with the router so signal strength is not a question.  What is the issue now (last time it was that I was not rooted and when I rooted the device it started working).

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Player for Android

after getting annoyed I uninstalled the app.  And when I decided to try again and reloaded the app.  It now works.  So the solution is that after a system update you need to unload and reload this app.  as a software dev I would not approve of this as a solution.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

you cant use the app to play anything on android.  Please go to the google user reviews for the android app and see there. 

Contributor

That's odd since I was able to play episodes of shows last week.  I am just curious if anyone from Comcast/Xfinity's development staff looks at these comments?  The app worked then it stopped not a well written app.

Silver Problem Solver

Looks like you need the xfinitytv player app.  There are now two different apps for android.  Is that the one you are talking about?

Contributor

That is what I have loaded.  The icon on the app only has its name as Xfinity Player.  I do know a thing or two.  If you are not providing helpful information please do not clutter.

Contributor

after getting annoyed I uninstalled the app.  And when I decided to try again and reloaded the app.  It now works.  So the solution is that after a system update you need to unload and reload this app.  as a software dev I would not approve of this as a solution.

Silver Problem Solver

Good luck to you.  since I seemed to be the only person who responded. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation