Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Player Not saving downloads

New Poster

Xfinity Player Not saving downloads

I recently downloaded the xfinity player app for my lg spectrum android phone. It worked great for a week. Yesterday I went in and the downloaded movies were gone. I couldn't get them back so I removed app and reinstalled it. I downloaded 2 movies last night and they were available this morning. Tonight I check it again and they have disappeared. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Player Not saving downloads

what do you mean you downloaded them, you don't download movies you just watch them through a stream. you dont download them and then they are saved for you to watch later. 

Official Employee

EricRuss wrote:

I recently downloaded the xfinity player app for my lg spectrum android phone. It worked great for a week. Yesterday I went in and the downloaded movies were gone. I couldn't get them back so I removed app and reinstalled it. I downloaded 2 movies last night and they were available this morning. Tonight I check it again and they have disappeared. Any ideas?

How many devices are you using under your account?

How many programs do you have downloaded?

After the downloaded movies disappeared, were you able to find them again on the XFINITY TV Player App?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

The app insructions says you can stream all available TV shows, movies, etc.  But  it also says you can download some and watch them offline.

Silver Problem Solver

that is a new feature available in the xfinityplayer.  I just saw that.  trying it out now.

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem on my Kindle Fire.  Downloaded two movies, which both had "available until" dates way beyond today, but neither of them is there now.  As for Xfinity support question, I am not using the app on any other device.  What would that have to do with it? Took a chunk of time to download the movies and then couldn't watch them today when I wanted too - ugh!  If anyone has a solution to this problem I would be very grateful to know.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem with downloads.  I have lost 4 movies and the  expiration date was March.  Just a stupid question,...Does the expired date mean that the movie will no longer be in my download or "saved" folder to view offline after that date?  Also, how often are movies and tv shows upgraded to the tablet from Xfinity TV App?  I check often and don't see any new movies or TV shows added?  Thank you!

Official Employee

Hi all,

What movies/shows did you have downloaded that disappeared?

How often do you use the app? Daily, Weekly, Monthly?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

One of the movies I had downloaded was Vanity Fair. The app is fairly new to me so not sure how often I will use it.