Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Online locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, etc)

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Online locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, etc)

Case ref.# 278704025
My Xfinity Online web site locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, STARZ, MAX, ENC, TCM, etc.) with those locking key icons periodically. Even thoough I'm logged in with good data...and my cache & cookies are cleaned...and I've reset my browser (Google Chrome)...it went off & on then settled in by locking me out (the feature with those little yellow keys) of all my Premium online content. So I can't watch Movies, Series, or any Programming On Demand on those channels because it suddenly doesn't recognize the "content build" of my paid channels line-up...and my bill is paid up in advance. It tells me that I have to subscribe to these channels...which I have already for 3 years.. No one at Comcast customer service is responsive to my problem with any success. This has happened before with select other channels and getting it set right last year was a major project requiring multiple layers of customer svc for its final resolution.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Online locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, etc)

Lary9 wrote:

Case ref.# 278704025
My Xfinity Online web site locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, STARZ, MAX, ENC, TCM, etc.) with those locking key icons periodically. Even thoough I'm logged in with good data...and my cache & cookies are cleaned...and I've reset my browser (Google Chrome)...it went off & on then settled in by locking me out (the feature with those little yellow keys) of all my Premium online content. So I can't watch Movies, Series, or any Programming On Demand on those channels because it suddenly doesn't recognize the "content build" of my paid channels line-up...and my bill is paid up in advance. It tells me that I have to subscribe to these channels...which I have already for 3 years.. No one at Comcast customer service is responsive to my problem with any success. This has happened before with select other channels and getting it set right last year was a major project requiring multiple layers of customer svc for its final resolution.

Are you still experiencing this issue? We were having some issues on our end around the time you posted but you should no longer be seeing orange keys.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm having this issue with my service as well, although it is beyond HBO, it is with my basic stations such as HGTV, CNN, Nickelodeon and so on. Some channels work online but some shows are locked out with the orange key, or certain episodes do not work. I tried calling in but they were unable to help me. How can I fix this issue?

New Poster

This is also happening to me. I called twice and have not yet had resolution. It's the same channels that lamarrz is talking about. I also tried HBOGO and they too are telling me that I do not have a subscription. And I do. Any suggestions?
Regular Contributor

Usually you can fix this problem by restarting your browser and/or re-logging in to Xfinity. Happens to me a few times a week...go Comcast. =\

New Poster

Lary9, I see this was a long time ago but my problem is identical. To say this is frustrating is an understatement. I have talked to 8 customer service reps over 90 minutes of my time with no resolution. I'm told I am now being referred to chair 2 tech support. I'm told to just wait....they are working in it in the order received. Comcast..you suck!
New Poster

Calling these customer service reps is almost futile because they know nothing about online stuff but I had the same problem till I finally just dropped the channels that weren't responsive. Customer service has taken on a whole new meaning these days, they either dont know,  they dont WANT to help because they are too busy talking to their neighbor reps, or they are too lazy. Best thing I can tell you is drop your services one by one, Comcast will eventually catch on...

Regular Visitor

I wish you had provided the resolution in your comment - because this glitch, which feels like a feature is still happening. 

I am occasionally locked out of premiere episodes and can't watch it until the remainder of the seasons episodes have aired. That happened last year with Outlander and now, it appears I won't be able to watch the GOT season 5 episode 1. 

I did however, get a refund but would prefer to exercise the ability to watch it when I want. 

I cleared cache, booted to no avail.