Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity On-line will not play show but will play commercials?

New Poster

Xfinity On-line will not play show but will play commercials?

Little help here. I select a program from o-line on demand and it will play the into commecials.  Then when the show should play the scree stays blank there is no sound but the progress bar shows the show advancing in time.  It doesn't always happen and it seems to not effect CBS shows but others ae hit or miss usually miss.  When I am able to finally watch them it does start off as if I have watched the show.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity On-line will not play show but will play commercials?

Same on mine help please

New Poster

Has there been any answer for this?

I have updated my Flash player... no fix... updated my eithernet drivers... no fix. my system is a gaming system so it's used to handling high speed and high graphics. this is not the issues. 

why will only the comercails play but not the show. "Vikings" on history channel.

New Poster

We're having the same problem. We get commercials and no program content. I think we should contact the sponsors and let them know that we are paying for content, only getting commercials and will boycott products if they don't pressure Comcast to fix this. 

I've seen comments on this same thing back to 2013!!!

Frequent Visitor

Same here...worked fine last week...cannot watch any tv shows this week!  Says...Sorry we've encountered a problem with....TV show name  - refresh...hit refresh same thing comes up!

New Poster

New Poster

My show will start, but then after a couple minutes, the screen goes black and nothing.  Please help!