Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity On Demand App playback issue 3363 (3357)

New Poster

Xfinity On Demand App playback issue 3363 (3357)

Hello. I am trying to watch TV shows on the xfinity on demand app while traveling in London. I am getting the playback error 3363 (3357) on all videos. Any idea what the issue may be? Thank you!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity On Demand App playback issue 3363 (3357)

Same in Mexico
New Poster

Same in Ecuador.  Help???

New Poster

Same in Northeast Pennsylvania

shedds4him wrote:

Same in Ecuador.  Help???

Regular Contributor

GoodDoctor,

Can you confirm what app you are using? We have the Xfinity TV Go app where you can watch live TV, as well as take eligible content with you to go. 

It's a black app with red Xfinity letters. If that's the app and you received this error last night or today, it's due to an ongoing issue we're having with our live streams. 

Here's a post I made to other Forums sections discussing the live channels being removed:

We have been experiencing intermittent issues since yesterday evening and are working hard to restore the full channel lineup. If you were experiencing a 900|101000.101002.101005 error, that was due to the issue we were seeing. We chose to remove the streams while we work to fix them rather than continue to throw the error messages when you attempt to stream them.

Currently, only the Disney and ESPN streams are online and our mobile apps. 

Please check back frequently for updates as I will try and post whenever we have progress to share. 

Thanks for your patience,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Still getting 3363 (3357) issue in UK using Xfinity To Go App as you describe
Regular Contributor

h0bbes,

I had posted in another thread that this error happens during ad insertion or when a stream is down. We no longer have widespread issues but have noticed increased error rates on some channels such as NBC Sports due to traffic spikes due to Tour de France. 

Can you let us know which channel(s) this is happening on and how frequently? Also, does the error happen at the very beginning of the stream or randomly while watching?

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm getting it when I select any TV Series, or Movie.
Regular Contributor

h0bbes,

Sorry to hear that; can you provide a bit more detail?

1. What device(s) have you tried?

2. What OS versions are they running? 

3. What version of our app are you running on those devices?

If you're getting it consistently, it's possible you're getting blocked for being abroad. Most of our content providers do not allow you to travel outside the US with their content. 

If you have specific examples, please let me know so I can verify. Have you tried your Xfinity credentials on partner sites like HBO Go, ESPN Go, or Hulu for example? If content playback fails there then I'm afraid my theory may be correct. I'll still validate on my end just be to be sure for you and other customers that are traveling abroad.

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

For our customers traveling internationally,

I did find out that if you download content before leaving the country, it will be good for the shorter of 14 days or when the content is set to expire.

For example, if you download a show that has an expiration date 5 days from now, then it will no longer be playable after 5 days. If however it has a 30 day expiration date, then it will be available up to 14 days offline. 

I hope that provides some clarity on viewing your content while traveling internationally. If you have additional questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

This same thing is happening to me right now. I'm watching (rather, trying) the Tour de France, and I keep getting this same playback issue. I've been getting it throughout the afternoon. Generally I can go back in and the app works, but this time it completely crapped out. The message of "please try playing the video later" reads as almost mocking, as this is "live" tv. Hard to watch it later with only one more streaming on the day, and limited hours in which to watch.

New Poster

I am also trying to watch the Tour de France. It was working for about an hour and now I am getting playback error 3363. Today is a mountains stage and I hate missing it!!!!!

Please comcast fix the app!!!!
New Poster

Matt,

I'm using the Xfinity "TV Go" app on my iPad. (the icon is black with a "play" button and "xfinity in red letters). It's has continually given me the "playback issue" message. In fact, it just did as I was typing this message.

New Poster

Please Comcast fix your app! It can't be that difficult to stream live with today's technology. Once again NBCSN is not streaming the Tour de France. Playback error 3363.

HELP help help!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor

SteveTammy and others in this thread...

Work continues on the NBC streams using our TV Go app. We've been working with all involved parties which have only resulted in nominal improvements due to various issues. 

If you have been having issues, you can also try the NBC Sports app and use your Xfinity credentials to log in to see if that would work any better in the interim. 

Web: http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nbc-sports-live-extra/id542511686

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.nbcuni.com.nbcsports.liveextra&hl=en

Thanks for your continued patience,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It's not just in trying to watch NBC sports that this problem consistently happens - I can't watch E! Or Bravo live either. I have gotten this error several times over the past couple weeks and frankly, it's infuriating. We pay enough money for our monthly bill and like a previous poster stated, it can't be that hard to stream live TV, especially when I am in my own house watching on my iPad and can turn on the TV right now and watch these shows without error. I'm watching on my iPad in bed so I don't keep my husband awake with the TV on... And I want to be able to watch what I pay for. I'm using an iPad2 with iOS 7.1.1 and my Comcast TV GO app is version 2.2.1.254.
Regular Contributor

amya0213,

Your frustration is acknowledged and understood. We're unfortunately dealing with very different technologies to bring you live streams on mobile devices as compared to your TV. E! and Bravo along with the 8 other channels I've posted earlier are all being streamed on the same systems as NBC. iOS has had these issues before our issue took place back on 7/3, and now they are simply more prevalent. We're close to getting fixes in place this week.

I can't say it enough, but thank you for hanging in there.

I'm hoping to post an update tomorrow in our progress.

Have a good night,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the update, Matt. I understand different devices behave differently. Just hoping there's a resolution soon.
Regular Visitor

CNBC has been having the same issue
Regular Contributor

To all our patient customers of TV Go,

I'm happy to say that we made significant improvements to our live streaming platform over the weekend and completed the work on Monday at around 4pm EST. All streams should be nearly flawless at this point as my team has not received any alarms or incidents since work was completed. 

We're hoping the latest changes continue to remain stable and thank you again for all the patience. 

Does this mean I will never see errors again?

Unfortunately no. Due to mobile technology, connectivity, and other use cases out of our control we won't perfect. The goal however is for 99% error free. 

What do I do if I see an error?

Continue to post here if you consistently get the same error message. Most mobile errors will pop up and then when you retry they go away. If that's not your experience, we want to know about it. You can also call into our CARE team, use live chat, Facebook, or Twitter and someone can assist you.

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I am in South Korea and try to use xvinity to and I get consistently the error 3363 any movie I try
I use IOS 7.1.2
And I just downloaded the xvinity app (August 10th) so should be up to date
Why is it not working ?
Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

as123466,

Unfortunately as noted in a previous post, our app does not work outside of the US. The only feature that does work is the download to go feature if you already have downloaded content prior to departing the US.

These are restrictions placed on the app by our business partners since Comcast does not do business outside of the US. The only exception are US military bases or embassies.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm still in Northeast Pennsylvania and still get error messages on a regular basis. In addition the classica "Playback Issue 3363," today I'm receiving "NSCocoaErrorDomanin :: 400" According to the error message, your video team has been alerted and you're working quickly to fix this issue. Can you provide any insight or update.

Regular Contributor

TheGoodDoctor18/All,

We have been troubleshooting an issue with our live streams since earlier this morning. As per my earlier posts, you may see various Live channels being removed from our site and TV Go mobile apps for iOS and Android.

During the outage, only ESPN and the Disney streams remained active.

Why were streams removed?

We removed all impacted streams to avoid having you receive a 900|101000.101002.101005 error on the web, 3363 or -11800 errors on iOS, or 106000 errors on Android.

Where are we now?

Check back for more updates as we continue to investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Guess who..... lol

Problem was resolved for awhile. Easily 3-4 weeks. Now, my channels aren't comine up (just the spinning circle and "Loading...") any ideas? might it be the device (iPad)?

Regular Contributor

Good morning!

No issues that I'm aware of on mobile; assuming you already tried to "kill" the app by force closing it and then reopening it? Is it just the live channels or is the whole app unresponsive?

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Just live channels. I've deleted and re-installed, and still nothing.

New Poster

Was watching Manchester vs Stoke on NBCsN 10 minutes in I got this error. Now will not play at all. Never had much luck with this app.  Maybe they should just shut it down, quit advertising it, hire people who know how to make it work, then go back on the air.  Switched to a south American pirate site, now watching the game.  Possible for you guys to dig this guy out of his house and offer him a job?