Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Mobile App Compatibility - Requesting reply from Comcast Joe

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile App Compatibility - Requesting reply from Comcast Joe

When will the Xfinity Mobile app be compatible with Andriod ICS-Tegra-3 tablets?  It works great on my gingerbread phone, but download message says it's not compatible with EEE-Pad Transformer Prime Tablet :~(.  Comcast Joe, please reply if you are working on a solution to the problem listed above or know of a work around.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Mobile App Compatibility - Requesting reply from Comcast Joe

nadznuk wrote:

When will the Xfinity Mobile app be compatible with Andriod ICS-Tegra-3 tablets?  It works great on my gingerbread phone, but download message says it's not compatible with EEE-Pad Transformer Prime Tablet :~(.  Comcast Joe, please reply if you are working on a solution to the problem listed above or know of a work around.  Thanks.

Every day we’re working to make Xfinity TV programming available to our customers in more ways including the Xbox, connected TVs, on websites like Xfinity TV and HBOGo, on tablets, and on other devices.  We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places.

I will pass your request of adding video compatibility on the EEE-Pad Transformer Prime along to our product team.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

This is the same standard line you've been spouting for months Joe. When are we really going to have an app for andriod or, at the very least, when is Comcast going to admit that they have no plans to provide one in the near future. It's not like we could drop our service and move to another provider. You're the only one in town. Wish I had known this BEFORE I spent the money on an andriod tablet. Really disappointing.

Official Employee

jablankenship wrote:

This is the same standard line you've been spouting for months Joe. When are we really going to have an app for andriod or, at the very least, when is Comcast going to admit that they have no plans to provide one in the near future. It's not like we could drop our service and move to another provider. You're the only one in town. Wish I had known this BEFORE I spent the money on an andriod tablet. Really disappointing.

Our team is working on adding video playback compatibility to the Android Xfinity TV App right now. I sadly do not have any timetable or launch date for its release yet but I will update you when any new information comes along.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

See my previous comment.

Regular Visitor

I have an Asus Transforme Prime and I have spoken to people at comcast.  They first said it's been compatible for a couple years.  I had to describe in detail what happened when I tried to download.  Twice now, they said they put in a ticket to the higher ups and would get back to me within 72 hours.  First call was 2 weeks ago... no call.  The second a week ago and still no call.  I am going to call them again today.  I am getting the same answer... we are constanting working on compatibility issues. Why do Apple users get priority.  This just feeds into forcing everyone to buy Apple... who is already richer than our own government.

Please put a priority on providing Xfinity Mobile to androids.  I also would like to have that call I've been promised.  Ticket # CR284791751

Frequent Visitor

I just got a Google Nexus 7 tablet.  There is no Xfinity Mobile app on Google Play.  There is an Xfinity TV app there, but no Xfinity Mobile app that does all Xfinity services direct.  The App is there for my Smartphone, a almost 2 year old HTC Inspire 4G. I can access all the services by going to Google Chrome and going to Xfinity.comcast.net there on the regular web.  Why can't Xfinity Mobile be available to all Android Tablets?

Regular Visitor

The problem appears to be fixed albeit I did not receive a notice.  I came across a new app Xfinity TV.

Before it would not allow a download saying it is incompatible with ASUS.

I can watch TV programs and movies now.... where before I could only tell the DVR's to change channels and record on Tivo.

Happy now

Regular Visitor

I need to edit my last reply.  The New App that I downloaded is called xfinity Player.