Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Instant TV DVR Not Recording Shows

Contributor

Xfinity Instant TV DVR Not Recording Shows

Starting about 2-3 weeks ago the shows that I have set to record are not doing so. For instance, last night 3/21 I had five shows set to record... XFiles, Law and Order: SVU, Seal Team, Modern Family and Criminal Minds. The only show that recorded was XFiles. I have checked the settings and they are correct. This had been working until recently.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Instant TV DVR Not Recording Shows

@sfeller wrote:

Starting about 2-3 weeks ago the shows that I have set to record are not doing so. For instance, last night 3/21 I had five shows set to record... XFiles, Law and Order: SVU, Seal Team, Modern Family and Criminal Minds. The only show that recorded was XFiles. I have checked the settings and they are correct. This had been working until recently.

the instant TV DVR (cloud) holds only last 20 hours. are the recordings you are making set to keep until space is needed? if you press record on a current live show does it show that it is  recordin?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I delete shows after viewing, so there is plenty of space. I randomly selected a show that was currently on live and it did start recording. There seems to be a problem with scheduled / upcoming episodes not recording. 

Service Expert

@sfeller wrote:

I delete shows after viewing, so there is plenty of space. I randomly selected a show that was currently on live and it did start recording. There seems to be a problem with scheduled / upcoming episodes not recording. 

when you select scheduled in the menu do you see the ones you want scheduled? also there are only 2 tuners in the instant TV cloud DVR.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Yes, the shows are listed under scheduled. Even with only 2 tuners more than 1 of the 5 shows from last night should have been recorded.

Service Expert

@sfeller wrote:

Yes, the shows are listed under scheduled. Even with only 2 tuners more than 1 of the 5 shows from last night should have been recorded.

if you have time would you go to the schedule (grid) and record a couple of shows that start at the next hour and verify that they both record (not hot recordings but actually schedule a one time recording).

just thought about this, maybe you have 'new episodes only' and one or more of them were repeats?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I scheduled 2 shows to start recording at 2 pm EST and they are both now recording. I do have New Episodes Only checked, but all 5 shows last night were new episodes. 

Contributor

I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I am using the app on my Roku box.

Service Expert

@sfeller wrote:

I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but I am using the app on my Roku box.

do you have an android or apple smart device or pc to use the stream app to verify seeing same recordings as the roku? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

When using the app on my PC the same recordings can be seen, as far as scheduled and the test recordings I did yesterday. The recordings that should have happened Wed. night are not present. I have 2 shows scheduled to record tonight. We'll see if they work. 

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi sfeller, 

I'd like to help look further into this for you. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for a response from you to see what happens to the recordings you have scheduled for tonight and we can go from there. Chat with you soon. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Both of the shows I had scheduled to record last night did so... Taken and Blindspot. However 3 episodes of Modern Family and 2 episodes of NCIS: LA were also recorded. These were not new episodes and I do have new episodes only selected. There seems to be sporadic issues with the DVR. Some shows I do want recorded are not, and episodes that I don't want are.

Service Expert

@sfeller wrote:

Both of the shows I had scheduled to record last night did so... Taken and Blindspot. However 3 episodes of Modern Family and 2 episodes of NCIS: LA were also recorded. These were not new episodes and I do have new episodes only selected. There seems to be sporadic issues with the DVR. Some shows I do want recorded are not, and episodes that I don't want are.

shows in syndication (not network premieres) often do not include 'repeat' nor 'new' so they are recorded.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

That explains why I'm getting episodes I don't need. I still don't get why some shows aren't recording. I'll monitor throughout the upcoming week and report any issues. 

Contributor

Last night (Sun. 3/25) I had NCIS: LA scheduled to record. It showed under scheduled, but did not record. I checked my PC and Roku this morning and it is not showing in the recorded section. However, The Walking Dead episode from last night did record.

Contributor

Again, last night (Mon. 3/27) I had Scorpion scheduled to record and it did not. What is going on here? Can I get a possible solution from a Comcast employee? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Powering off for 5 minutes, all the normal tricks.

New Poster

Same exact issue here. Anyone know what is going on. Some new shows are recording. Others are not. Only reason I know I missed a new show was because I caught it in Hulu.

Regular Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem. When I tried to set new recordings (via my laptop on the Internet), there was no "record" command to choose. If Comcast is discontinuing the ability to record shows, seems to me, they are bound by contract to at least notify us, especially those of us who rent their recording devices.

Regular Visitor

Same here

New Poster

All of my shows were set to record through Roku. All are set to New Episodes only and HD Preferred. There seems to be no logical progression of events that is causing it. It seems to be random. Supernatural didn't record last Friday and another CBS show didn't record Sunday night. All shows are in the scheduled recording tab for upcoming episodes. I am not exceeding the 2 recordings at the same time. All was working great prior to about 2 weeks ago.

Contributor

Yes, there seems to be no reason why some shows record and others don't. All are set to record and show in scheduled. Some input from an official Comcast employee would be nice.

Regular Visitor

The record command on the TV screen has changed. Maybe they are changing sortware of whatever, and they have not gotten to the HTML version yet. A warning would be nice, Comcast.

New Poster

Three shows scheduled to record last night and not one did. Very dissapointing. Never have this issue with the Sling DVR.

Official Employee

Hi Everyone, 

Is everyone seeing these Instant TV DVR issues on their Roku devices? Or are you also seeing this on the Stream website as well? 

KenF

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I don't use the website, so I can't say. It is still an issue on Roku.

Official Employee

I don't use the website, so I can't say. It is still an issue on Roku.

OK, I'll follow up with you on your other thread since I reached out to you there too. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation