New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Connect mobile app

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Connect mobile app

Possibly a dumb question, but does accessing my email inbox via Xfinity Connect mobile app actually move the accumulated inbox content to the accessing device, removing it from the Comcast server in the process as happens when my desktop computer performs an exchange via Outlook or does the app simply provide access to the email, as if I were looking at it by logging into Comcast.net with a browser? I do not want inbox content removed from the server except by Outlook exchanges to my "real" computer at home. Thanks in advance for any intelligence provided re this.query.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Connect mobile app

Here is the simple answer.  No, the Xfinity Connect app does not remove the email from the Comcast servers.  It is just a mirror of the what is on the server.  I can still see all the emails using a browser to access the Comcast site.  I know this because I have the app on my Android phone.

The only way an email will be removed from the server using the app, is if I choose to delete that email.

You can even test this yourself by creating a secondary email account on the Comcast servers, then using the app to connect to this secondary account.  If it doesn't work as you like, then don't bother connecting it to your primary account.

Hope this answers your question.

View answer in context
Service Expert

stanwhjr wrote:

Possibly a dumb question, but does accessing my email inbox via Xfinity Connect mobile app actually move the accumulated inbox content to the accessing device, removing it from the Comcast server in the process as happens when my desktop computer performs an exchange via Outlook or does the app simply provide access to the email, as if I were looking at it by logging into Comcast.net with a browser? I do not want inbox content removed from the server except by Outlook exchanges to my "real" computer at home. Thanks in advance for any intelligence provided re this.query.

Not dumb at all.... if you delete an email on the APP, it will delete on the Comcast online website...   your Outlokk settings will dtermine if you also lose this there....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

geek46 wrote:

Not dumb at all.... if you delete and email on the APP, it will delete on the Comcast online website...   your Outlokk settings will dtermine if you also lose this there....

I'm not quite sure I understand your reply, geek46 ... Whne Outlookon my computer at home does a send/receive with the Comcast server, all downloaded email is removed from the server inbox after the exchange. That's fine, as I then have permanent copies of the mails and can delete or keep mail as desired locally there.

When I look at email on the server using a browser, only inbox content that I actively delete is removed from the server. That's fine as the "keepers" are still there on the server for the next time I execute an Outlook send/receive on the computer at home.

When I look at email using the "Email" app--not sure exactly whose app it is--that came on my Samsung S5 phone, copies are moved to the phone and can be saved or deleted locally on the phone, but no content is removed from the server after the download. 

I would want any Email app to behave either like the browser or like the phone app, allowing me to see the email on the server, but not necessarily removing it. Ideally the Xfinity Connect app would work like a sort of virtual browser visit, allowing me to read, send, and delete (not necessarily remove) items from the server just as if I had browsed to the site. 

Maybe my best bet would be to just use a browser to access Comcast email from the tablet I'll soon be acquiring.

Problem Solver

Here is the simple answer.  No, the Xfinity Connect app does not remove the email from the Comcast servers.  It is just a mirror of the what is on the server.  I can still see all the emails using a browser to access the Comcast site.  I know this because I have the app on my Android phone.

The only way an email will be removed from the server using the app, is if I choose to delete that email.

You can even test this yourself by creating a secondary email account on the Comcast servers, then using the app to connect to this secondary account.  If it doesn't work as you like, then don't bother connecting it to your primary account.

Frequent Visitor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Thanks, HowAboutThisOne -- that addresses exactly my point of uncertainty. If, as I had hoped, that's how the app works, it'll be very useful and probably worth using on my phone as well as on the tablet.

New Poster

I had to delete and re-download Xfinity Connect which I use to get my Comcast Mail.  For some reason, about every three to four days, I have to reenter my username and password.  Prior to the reinstall, the connection was always constant.  I clicked on the icon, the mail was visable.  I am not able to locate any configuration options that would resolve this contant need to login.  Please advise.  Thanks Smiley Happy

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation