Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Commercial on local programming is an outright LIE

New Poster

Xfinity Commercial on local programming is an outright LIE

I laugh every time I see Xfinity's latest commercial with a family in a car watching local programming. Xfinity advertises that its customers can access local programming via a mobile platform when you clearly cannot. (Not in Chicago anyhow). I just spent 30 minutes being lied to by one agent, (Victoria 1078200) (issue was being fixed by programmers), (ha) and then told something completely different by a chat agent. Fine, if you cannot provide local programming you can't, but do not advertise it. This is why Class Action lawyers serve a purpose. I surfed the forum for answers to my problem and they appear to read as double talk. Nothing concrete, some marked solved when they are not. Terrible. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Commercial on local programming is an outright LIE

mariociri wrote:

I laugh every time I see Xfinity's latest commercial with a family in a car watching local programming. Xfinity advertises that its customers can access local programming via a mobile platform when you clearly cannot. (Not in Chicago anyhow). I just spent 30 minutes being lied to by one agent, (Victoria 1078200) (issue was being fixed by programmers), (ha) and then told something completely different by a chat agent. Fine, if you cannot provide local programming you can't, but do not advertise it. This is why Class Action lawyers serve a purpose. I surfed the forum for answers to my problem and they appear to read as double talk. Nothing concrete, some marked solved when they are not. Terrible. 

Don't you have TVGO channels in Chicago?

New Poster

Xfinity has advised me that in order to see local programming on my mobile app or via a computer, i must be logged into my "xfinity home network". So, to use their mobile app to watch anything local, i must be home. Huh? Even the agent had no answer. I guess that family in their latest commercial was watching local programming will parked in the garage.
Bronze Problem Solver

mariociri wrote:
Xfinity has advised me that in order to see local programming on my mobile app or via a computer, i must be logged into my "xfinity home network". So, to use their mobile app to watch anything local, i must be home. Huh? Even the agent had no answer. I guess that family in their latest commercial was watching local programming will parked in the garage.

Xfinity reps don't always know the truth.

In the app or on your computer select the TV GO Channels. You can watch these channels while off your home network (away from home). see if your local channels are included. The picture below is from the website.

Untitled.png

New Poster

You the goods, i will try tomorrow. Thanks. Didn't know that drop down existed.
New Poster

Xfinity Commercial on local programming is a LIE

Nope, nada, nothing. TVGO gives me zero local programming. What TVGO is I have no idea. 

The good news according to Xfinity is that when I am at home, sitting next to one of my many flat screen TV's, I can access all programming including local on my 4.7" iPhone. Xfinity's remains cutting edge. oddly enough, I wouldn't care if they did not extensively advertise the availability of "local" programming on a mobile. When businesses falsely advertise, they should be held accountable. Nothing will stop Xfinity from running these commercials in the Chicago area except a lawyer, shame. 

As a side observation, I spoke to THREE different customer service agents, each gave me a different answer. No wonder Xfinity cannot be believed. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation