members

online now

discussions

Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Comcast / Xfinity,

Riddle me this..

- Why is there a Xfinity Streaming Amazon app for my Fire HD tablet that allows me to stream to my tablet, but the same app isn't avaiable for the Amazon Fire TV Stick?

- Why isn't it availabe? (Don't insult my intelligence on that app not being able to run.. They are both Android based OS's and can run other apps that are available on both)

- When will this be corrected? 

- If none of the above, how can I disconnect by Xfinity/Comcast Service?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Until we are able to establish some sort of agreement with them, we will not have any further information as to when we will begin supporting it. Thanks for your feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

“Please carefully read our Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.”

That was so not necessary! Just saying!
New Poster

Trolling - really? Come on.
It’s a legit question that everyone with X1 and Amazon Fire TV has been asking about for years. Silly that the Harmony remote can do what Fire TV and X1 remotes can’t. Frustrating part is that is ANOTHER remote to have around.
Kudos to the individual posting and sorry to see that as of 2018 there is still no “agreement.”
New Poster

This is just one more nail in their coffin.  They removed the recording function from the streaming app because of some lawsuit.  Absolutely ridiculous that one company would be able to own that right.  If Directv Now had a DVR function I would tell Comcast to KISS OFF.

There is an app for the Roku that is descent.  I could save 40-50 dollars a month by only having one receiver.  I would rather use the firestick.

Please pull your heads out of your ads and get the support for the firestick resolved.  Also get the recording function of the Xfinity streaming app resolved.

New Poster

"Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums."

Wow, is this how you treat your customers? Do you know that these customers are paying your salary?

No wonder that Comcast/Xfinity has very bad customer service reputation !!!

I hope a US based supervisor read this, as I am going for sure to forward this to comcast upper management !