New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Comcast / Xfinity,

Riddle me this..

- Why is there a Xfinity Streaming Amazon app for my Fire HD tablet that allows me to stream to my tablet, but the same app isn't avaiable for the Amazon Fire TV Stick?

- Why isn't it availabe? (Don't insult my intelligence on that app not being able to run.. They are both Android based OS's and can run other apps that are available on both)

- When will this be corrected? 

- If none of the above, how can I disconnect by Xfinity/Comcast Service?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity App on Amazon Fire TV Stick - No support

Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Until we are able to establish some sort of agreement with them, we will not have any further information as to when we will begin supporting it. Thanks for your feedback.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

“Please carefully read our Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.”

That was so not necessary! Just saying!
New Poster

Trolling - really? Come on.
It’s a legit question that everyone with X1 and Amazon Fire TV has been asking about for years. Silly that the Harmony remote can do what Fire TV and X1 remotes can’t. Frustrating part is that is ANOTHER remote to have around.
Kudos to the individual posting and sorry to see that as of 2018 there is still no “agreement.”
New Poster

This is just one more nail in their coffin.  They removed the recording function from the streaming app because of some lawsuit.  Absolutely ridiculous that one company would be able to own that right.  If Directv Now had a DVR function I would tell Comcast to KISS OFF.

There is an app for the Roku that is descent.  I could save 40-50 dollars a month by only having one receiver.  I would rather use the firestick.

Please pull your heads out of your ads and get the support for the firestick resolved.  Also get the recording function of the Xfinity streaming app resolved.

New Poster

"Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums."

Wow, is this how you treat your customers? Do you know that these customers are paying your salary?

No wonder that Comcast/Xfinity has very bad customer service reputation !!!

I hope a US based supervisor read this, as I am going for sure to forward this to comcast upper management !

Frequent Visitor

@ wrote:

Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Until we are able to establish some sort of agreement with them, we will not have any further information as to when we will begin supporting it. Thanks for your feedback.

So Comcast you're threatening me because I've pointed out your anti-competitive behaviour with a service that should actually work? Maybe you would do better that instead of lip service like this, you'd actually fix the problem.. 

The Amazon Firestick streaming apps work very well on other provides such as Cox Cable, Verizon, AT&T UVerse and others because one is allowed to login with their account.. I know I tested it on someone elses service. So maybe you should get with the program instead of threatening your customers and being anti-competitve! 

New Poster

@ wrote:

Ella - perhaps you should try eating a Snickers bar, relax a little and remember you are talking to people who send your company money every month.  (as some of us have been for 20+ years)  Until Xfinity comes out with an Xfinity version of the Amazon Fire Stick, I too am interested in having a streaming app on the Fire Stick. 

New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity better wake up I see their rival ATT has an app Thant just appeared on my Firestick. They will lose subscribers soon, including me if they don’t wise up and cut a deal with Amazon OR pull the copywriter protection on casting from a device to a tv.  It’s one is the most immature stupid things I’ve seen in day of technology 

New Poster

JDanrich I totally agree.   Comcast needs to think about what they are trying to accomplish.  What are they accomplishing without the firestick app when I can stream to my phone or laptop and if I wanted take the additional steps of exporting to my TV with an HDMI cable.   All they are doing is frustrating their customers!   

New Poster

[quote]Hi, jdanrich - Please carefully read our  Forums Policy and Guidelines. Multiposting and trolling can cause a ban from participating in the forums.[/quote]

While respondibg to useful posts like this can cause a CR to lose a job. 

New Poster

This is a legitimate concern. This is a primary example of big businesses not looking out for their customers. If you do not move with the trend of technology and young families you will lose millions of customers...#bottomline pun intended!
New Poster

Is there an update on this? Thanks for your time.

Frequent Visitor

Is like to know as well. This could potentially decide if I go with Comcast or directvnow. I'm not about to replace all my firesticks for roku's.
New Poster

No update.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 14 in conversation