Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity App - after entering login information and pressing continue it times out

New Poster

Xfinity App - after entering login information and pressing continue it times out

After I enter my user name and password the screen that asks to rename the TV appears.  I then press continue and it will not load.  The load wheel just keeps on spinning.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared history and cookies, and hard reset many many times. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity App - after entering login information and pressing continue it times out

make sure it works on your computer.  If you cannot get it to work there you will never get it to work on your mobile device.  Its also much easier to just set it up on your pc first.  You do have a motorola box?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity App - after entering login information and pressing continue it times out

It does work on my Computer.  My TV is also recognizing it.  I have a motorolla.  When I login on the ipad2 a menu appears on the TV showing the TV Name that is entered. I then hit continue and that is where I sit and the load wheel spins. Any other suggestions? I have been trying everything for the past 4 days.

Silver Problem Solver

Here are a few troubleshooting things I did to get mine to work.

Make sure you zip code is correct in your settings on your pc, if its set to automatic it might not work.

Clear all cookies and chache

Do a hard reset on the pad.

Uninstall the app, then restart the ipad, then go and install the app again.

There is a section on your menu in the guide under set up that says remote set up, go into there and see what it says.  If it says delete, they you can delete it, and then resynch it.  That is what fixed mine.  Also this could just be an error on comcast end.

has this every worked for you.  You might try calling them and have them rebuild the codes on your account as your account might not recognize your ability to have this function.

good luck.  Also do you have the xfinity mobile app?  does that work?  There is a manage my dvr section on there that takes you to the dvr screen also.

So make sure all your settings on your pc are right and that your account sees all your dvr's and they are named, your zip is right.  Are you able to set recordings and change channels with your pc?  That is all I know that you can do.

New Poster

This might be a dumb question.  When I put my zip code in, I have several service area options.  Is there a way to know which service area I am? I live in 17022 which could be Hershey Digital or Harrisburg suburb digital.  I am unsure.  Thanks for all of your help.

Silver Problem Solver

That I cannot answer I am just a customer like you.  click the link below.  put in your address and zip and see what pops up. choose what ever channel line up you currently get that would be where comcast thinks you are.

https://www.comcast.com/Localization/Localize.cspx?Referer=%2fCustomers%2fClu%2fChannelLineup.ashx%3...

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation