Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Anyplay

Contributor

Xfinity Anyplay

I received the Anyplay device by UPS at the same time I got an additional cable box for a third TV in my home. I had ordered the cable box, but not the Anyplay. Nevertheless, I set up the Anyplay, activated it, and downloaded the Xfinity Anyplay iPad app. After I used my Comcast ID and password to sign in, I got a message that the Anyplay device was not detected or some words similar to that. The Anyplay device is wired to my Cisco router by Ethernet cable and shows up on the router as an active connection to the port I plugged it into. (Of course, I connected the coax to the Anyplay device using the splitter supplied with the device and also reconnected the other side of the splitter output to the Gateway modem.) Any ideas about what I missed? I will call Comcast, but only as a last resort since  I don't want to spend the holiday weekend shuttling through the earnest, but usually uninformed, Comcast reps.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Anyplay

Hello,

It sounds like you have not power cycle your device.

Contributor

If I understand "power cycle" correctly, I did do that. I unplugged the device for a few minutes after my first attempt to use the app failed, then plugged the device back in. The power and US/DS lights are lit white and not blinking, but the app still can't access the device.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps a couple of times.I'm wondering if the fact that the device was sent to me even though I didn't order it is the problem. Maybe I have to call to authorze an additional monthly fee? It may even be that the Anyplay service isb't live in my service area (Champaign-Urbana, IL)?

Service Expert

mbrandt151 wrote:

Maybe I have to call to authorze an additional monthly fee? It may even be that the Anyplay service isb't live in my service area (Champaign-Urbana, IL)?

from here

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/faq.aspx

3.What does AnyPlay cost? AnyPlay is available to qualified Comcast customers for $10.00 per month. A shipping and handling fee may apply for an AnyPlay self-installation kit. For professional in-home installation by a Comcast technician, additional charges may apply. 

*XFINITY AnyPlay™ app currently not available in all areas

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks, Queen-Evie. You're almost certainly correct that a price must be paid, but the question I have (for Comcast, not for you) is why I got the device in the first place. I guess I will have to make the dreaded call(s).

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation