Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xffinity Remote won't Change channels

Regular Visitor

Xffinity Remote won't Change channels

When I called customer service they said to turn off the converter box for a minute and turn it back on and wait 6 hours. I also went here http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes and verified that the TV control is on for my converter. When I go to the test page here http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh , it still says: We're sorry, but an error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 500.: { "txnId":"51E1612A1CBF00030820", "code":"DEVICE_INFO_NOT_FOUND", "message":"Device lookup by mac: 00004125B9F3 failed"} [ Request: "remote_tune"]. What could I try next? I figure as long as the tet page fails the iPad app will never work.
Regular Visitor

Re: Xffinity Remote won't Change channels

I meant unplug it for a minute, which is what I did. Sorry I mistyped that.
Silver Problem Solver

probably an error on comcasts end.  so tv control is enabled correct?  and you can see dvr manager on your computer?  Do you see your dvr programs and scheduled recordings?

if you see all that and everything is enabled try this.  It wont take six hours

log out of the app on your device.   Restart your device.   now log back into the app then try it.  If it does not work then  log out and delete the app then restart and reinstall it then log back in and try it again.

Regular Visitor

I don't have a DVR or DVR service. I am just trying to change the channel with the app. I did the steps you suggested but it still doesn't work. I would assume that the test page would work on the computer regardless of whether the app was installed or not. The button that says "Show Name on TV" on the settings page does nothing as well. Something must be set up wrong on Comcast's end and customer service can't help.
Regular Visitor

And yes, TV control is enabled.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation