Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xbox access not available for business internet accounts?

Regular Visitor

Xbox access not available for business internet accounts?

I was told by business reps that I could add residential TV service and access these features without issue.  The residential rep told me that I had to purchase a seperate residential internet account to access the Xbox apps.  Since my business internet is for my home office I don't see the point of paying double for internet service that I will not use.

This seems like a serious flaw and a loss of revenue for comcast from my business and household.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xbox access not available for business internet accounts?

Same issue here.  I've got Xfinity video, but got rid of Xfinity home Internet on that account when I got a seperate Xfinity business Internet account (same address).

Calling and speaking to the customer care, I was told two diferent things:

1) First, calling 1-800-COMCAST, I was told that I should be able to have XFINITY FOR XBOX added as a free line item on my bill.  I was told to call 877-599-1845 to have that happen.

2) Calling the second number, I was told that the only way to do this is to merge the two accounts, which is a non-starter for me.  I need to keep the billing seperate.

New Poster

wow I have to giggle since the information is wrong.

I have business class internet with comcast/xfinity.  I access XBOX live, netflix, hulu and other online video service without any issue.  Xfinity is just the internet provider.

If you want xfinity TV service as well it can not ride on top of a bussiness class account you need a residentail account for TV service for your 'home'  if that makes sense.

I happen to have 2 accounts.  One for business class internet, and one for residentail TV, simple enough and it works fine.

Regular Visitor

Finally tested this after a year.  Residential TV, Business internet.  It does not work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation