Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xbox Xfinity Error Code 999

New Poster

Xbox Xfinity Error Code 999

When trying to sign in on the Xfinity app for Xbox I recieve error Code 999. Just wondering if there's anything that can be done to allieviate this issue. Thanks.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xbox Xfinity Error Code 999

Getting the same issue.

New Poster

Same issue on my xbox360 slim.  I've tried logging in using both my login and my wifes login

New Poster

On the phone with Comcast....it is an issue that they know about and can do nothing over the phone.  They open a ticket and say it will be resolved with in 24-72 hrs.

New Poster

i got the error (999) after trying to log into my comcast account using only my user name, and then i tried putting the @comcast.net in on the second attempt, and it allowed me in!  hope this helps!

Silver Problem Solver

The servers are overloaded with everyone trying to access them at once they are throwing random errors, calling won't help.  It will work itself out over time as people realize that all that's on there is the same content on the cable box on demand.

Official Employee

fawns406 wrote:

i got the error (999) after trying to log into my comcast account using only my user name, and then i tried putting the @comcast.net in on the second attempt, and it allowed me in!  hope this helps!

Glad to hear you were able to log-in.

Has everyone else tried putting in their whole user name in? If so, let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xbox Xfinity Error Code 999 FIXED

I didnt know my comcast.net login, i always used my yahoo email to login online. called 18775991846 ask for my comcast.net login and password. went online to comcast.com and this time used my comcast.net login. they asked for a security question and what not.

The point is once you have your comcast.net id and password make sure it is set up and ready for use. I always had one and never used it so it wasnt activated. The problem was fixed for me hopefully it will work for yall

New Poster

Will there be an update allowing xfinity for xbox users to access the app wen away from home and using other internet provider?

Official Employee

jcksrk wrote:

Will there be an update allowing xfinity for xbox users to access the app wen away from home and using other internet provider?

Our product team is constantly working on improving our products to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I just got error 808 resolved after being on hold for 45 minutes, and transferred between support and sales 4 times because nobody knew how to resolve.  

Now I'm getting error 999.  What a joke this release is. I've tried adding my full account email address (@comcast), or just the id, and I still can't login. 

New Poster

i put in the full login and it gives me codes 999 or 805

Official Employee

coltonbright253 wrote:

i put in the full login and it gives me codes 999 or 805

The Xfinity App on Xbox 360 has some very specific requirements. Please make sure that you meet all of them and let me know if you are still having issues:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-360-FAQ/td-p/1238627

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Okay, well i just tried using just the log in ID and it worked tried several times with the full email and it was giving me code 999. So I suppose if it doesnt work with the ID for someone it will with full email and vice versa.