Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xbox App Issues Away from home

New Poster

Xbox App Issues Away from home

I think I know the answer to this but...I currently have Comcast Triple Play at my home and have been a customer for years. I recently took a job that requires extensive travelling between my home state and Georgia. Is there a way for me to use the new Xfinity for Xbox app while I'm away from home?

I was considering cancelling or at least downgrading my service since I am only home on weekends now but I kept it because I thought that this app would allow me to access the shows that I miss while I'm on the road but I have only been receiving error messages--it says my account is authenticated but then I get a 4004 error.

I can still watch shows on my laptop, but it's hard to work on my laptop while I have a show playing. I guess I just don't understand that if you have a Comcast account why you wouldn't be able to access the app. I mean if I was at home where I have a cable box, why would I need to have the app on my xbox?

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Xbox App Issues Away from home

You will find official posts on the forum that you must be on your home network, or at least a Comcast supplied HSI for the XBox to work.  It will not work on another providers high speed connection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking as well, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I still don't see the point of being on your home network though. I mean, why would I want the app if my cable box is right there? Very lame. I guess since I'm never really home I'll be cancelling my service soon. I've lived without cable before, no skin off my back. It would have been nice to be able to watch the shows that I pay for but whatever. I guess that's why there's Netflix and Hulu Plus!

Official Employee

TinySurferGirl wrote:

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking as well, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I still don't see the point of being on your home network though. I mean, why would I want the app if my cable box is right there? Very lame. I guess since I'm never really home I'll be cancelling my service soon. I've lived without cable before, no skin off my back. It would have been nice to be able to watch the shows that I pay for but whatever. I guess that's why there's Netflix and Hulu Plus!

JayInAlg is correct but I would like to add on to what was said:

The Xbox can be used as an additional cable box in some homes. If some rooms have a DTA cable box that does not have On Demand and has limited channels, they will have access to On Demand through their Xbox.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Does Comcast plan to remedy this xbox issue or not? The funny thing is I can hook my computer up to my TV and make it work that way, but that's what my xbox was for...or so I thought. It shouldn't matter which network I connect to, since it doesn't matter for my laptop. Comcast, you're competitors will likely eat you alive for this gross, negligent oversight--gobble gobble. Btw, our family's shopping for alternatives as we speak, and it doesn't look good for you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation