Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XTV.comcast.net not synching with DVR

Frequent Visitor

XTV.comcast.net not synching with DVR

XTV.comcast.net does not show all my DVR recordings and is missing most of the stuff that is scheduled to record.  The weird thing is that if I go to the old DVR manager everything shows up. Also the episode of SNL that recorded on Saturday night returns a 500 error when atempting to view online or using the app.  

Problem Solver

Re: XTV.comcast.net not synching with DVR

Using the actual DVR, find one of the recordings that is missing from the XTV web portal and view its info in the Recordings list. Does it have a message in the info "Not available for mobile viewing"? That is why it's not on the XTV web portal or app.

Next, using the DVR again, find one of the scheduled recordings not showing up on XTV web portal and view its info from the Scheduled list. Does it also have a message in the info "Not available for mobile viewing"? That is why it's not on the XTV web portal or app.

If you see this messages, you are just another user having this issue for a bug that Comcast won't admit is a problem. You set a scheduled recording, then a few days later before the show is set to record a flag is set on the scheduled recording to "Not available for mobile viewing", so when it's time for the recording to take place, it doesn't record to the Cloud DVR.

I've had this issue on and off for months, even had it escalated to their Tier 3 group known as ACES. They did nothing for me. The engineers told the Tier 3 rep the problem was mine for not scheduling the show as a series recording, instead of a one time recording, which caused the recording to have an entitlement issue. I laughed at the rep for giving me that answer, even he thought it was strange. The problem also happens on movie recordings which can't be set for a series recording.

The only thing I can tell you is check your recording schedule on the DVR for any shows listed with the "Not available for mobile viewing" message. If you see any in the schedule with that message, use the XTV web portal or app to reschedule them, and the message will miraculously disappear. But remember, it's not a BUG according to Comcast.

Hopefully as more people complain about this, Comcast will eventually recognize it as a problem.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation