Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFinity TV thinks I'm not on my home network but I am

Frequent Visitor

XFinity TV thinks I'm not on my home network but I am

So for the last two days whenever I log into xtv.comcast.net it tells me I'm not on my home network and it won't let me access many of the features I normally use, like watching TV online, watching OnDemand TV shows and movies, etc...

What gives?  I'm on the same home wifi network I've been on for the last 13 years.  Why the sudden change of heart comcast?  I've logged out and back in, restarted my browser, etc...

Any help appreciated.

New Poster

Re: XFinity TV thinks I'm not on my home network but I am

Same problem here.  I called in and got transferred then disconnected. Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

There is some kind of national X1 issue causing the "Out of Home" error.  See this link.  Mine has been this way for the past 3 days, and they haven't given an ETA when it will be fixed.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm sure glad to see this post! I was ready to fling my iPad over the back fence I was so frustrated.  Sure glad the issues not with me.  I work from home at night and it's impossible without the TV noise as background.  Do I have to unplug the system from my bedroom and move it to my office for a while?  Geez.  This app already has zillions of streaming problems and now this.  

Service Expert

ryan_deb wrote:

So for the last two days whenever I log into xtv.comcast.net it tells me I'm not on my home network and it won't let me access many of the features I normally use, like watching TV online, watching OnDemand TV shows and movies, etc...

What gives?  I'm on the same home wifi network I've been on for the last 13 years.  Why the sudden change of heart comcast?  I've logged out and back in, restarted my browser, etc...

Any help appreciated.

Comcast is aware of the issues and as of 1130pm on 7/30, the engineers were still working on getting this repaired....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It looks like they may have finally fixed it.  It's now working for me.