New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFinity TV not working on PC

Frequent Visitor

XFinity TV not working on PC

Hi,

I got a media computer a six months back, and have been watching programming on the xfinity.tv website on internet explorer, on a windows 8 machine. Three weeks ago, it stopped working. The comcast commercials load without issue, but when the program comes up I get a black screen.

I called comcast and I was told that it was a problem with IE and I should load another browser. I can load the programs on Chrome, though the load rate and video quality is far below what I had seen in IE on the Windows 8 machine. I called comcast again today to get an update on fixing the problem with IE, and I was told to call Microsoft.

I looked through the top post on the forum, and my computer meets all of the requirements, javascript is active, and cookies are enabled. I am not receiving any error messages, just not getting any video. Can someone please tell me what the issue is with IE and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Dave

Frequent Visitor

Re: XFinity TV not working on PC

In case it is needed here is my device information...  

My Zip Code: 19103 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.2 My web browser: Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; McAfee; MAARJS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 12.0.0.70 Javascript: enabled  Cookies: Enabled (1520 Bytes).

New Poster

I am having the same problem... I watch one show and it goes to a commercial at the same spot... and never comes back..sometimes plays the commercial multiple times.. had it happen with the first and second episode.. it is NOT my computer.. brand new Macbook pro.. I tried it on the other two computers in house same thing happened.. what is odd is it is in the same spot of play on both episodes and the same group of advertisements.

New Poster

I am having similar issues using Windows 7 and Firefox as my browser. I make it about halfway through the show then a certain commercial trues to come up and I get a black screen. Reloading the page gives me the option to restart or resume the show but bith send me back to the beginning. Super frustrated!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Anything coming from the comcast people in answering this? I have looked throughout the forum, and made sure that all blocker software is off and that no restrictions are put on cookies from xfinity.tv, which is the only thing I can find. Still does nothing. How does this get fixed?

Frequent Visitor

8pm here and there have been a total of 11 posts to this forum today. There were all of two responses from comcast personnel. Is that good customer service? Nope. Is that standard for Comcast? Yep. What the heck? Respond. If you have no clue, say so. I would like to hear something from the people at comcast other than, call microsoft or load a different browser. What is the problem and how do you fix it?

Frequent Visitor

1:30am here now, and still no response from the Comcast support folks. Good work as always. Do you care at all? Obviously not. Please correct me on that assessment or reimburse me for the entire month of February.

Frequent Visitor

Two days later and still no comment from Comcast personnel. Could someone please reply regarding the use of Internet Explorer in Windows 8?

Frequent Visitor

Two more days and still nothing. Can someone from Comcast please respond regarding the use of IE in Windows 8 for the xfinity.tv website?

New Poster

I am having the same issue, no response from Comcast personnel. I tried to watch the show (different episode) again today and the same thing happened, I got to the first dot on the timeline (commercial break) and after the Lexus commercial played the screen just went black and the video wouldn't load. When I try to resume it just goes back to the beginning and messes up at the same spot. I was able to watch a couple of things on here before this past week without problem. It seems to have started once internet was restored after the ice storm. I dunno.

Contributor

I had this same issue for 3 months starting January 1st.  My specific problem was just with TV-MA shows.  Now it is all shows apparently.  LAST week for the Walking Dead premiere this forum was threatening to leave Comcast/Xfinity if the webtv was not working.  So ALLLLLLL of a sudden over months and months of complaints, it miraciously started working.  *It worked for like 2 days

Now, again, THANKFULLY I can watch ALLLLL the commericials just fine.  THANK you for that nugget of heaven! 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....PLEASE....fix this. 

Frequent Visitor

Two more days and still no response. Talking to Comcast on the phone led to the rep saying "Not our problem" Will someone from Comcast please respond with something, even if it is just that you are aware of the problem and working on it. This is infuriating, and it certainly looks like comcast could not care.

Frequent Visitor

Day 8 without any acknowledgment or response from Comcast? What is the issue with IE in Windows 8 and what are you doing to fix it? Anything ComcastDaniel? ComcastTony? ComcastJoe? Anything?

Frequent Visitor

Day 9 and still no response from Comcast... Is anybody there? Does anybody care?

Regular Contributor

Dave:

About a year ago every single CBS show that I tried to watch hung at the first commercial while every other networks show steamed fine. Several people said "Try going to the CBS website and watching from there" and sure enough I spent a month or more watching every single CBS show from the networks website until Comcast eventually fixed the problem. So maybe try the networks web site for the shows you want to watch and see if there's any difference.

If you can watch from the networks site then it's almost a certainty that there's a problem with the XFinity streaming server that covers your area. Also testing this out will give you more amunition when dealing with Comcast customer service.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation