Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFinity TV app should support Chromecast and/or Smart TV streaming.

New Poster

XFinity TV app should support Chromecast and/or Smart TV streaming.

I'm disabled on a very limited income, and rent a room from an older couple who are also on a limited budget, so we only have basic cable in the house. Of course when digital became standard we lost the use of our HD TV's because comcast only uses cheap converters for basic cable, so we can't watch ANY HD channels. So when all these channel and movie apps started coming out, I was in heaven again, because I could stream them to my TV in HD. Awesome to watch programs in HD again. I have a Smart TV and Chromecast, which I bought a year or two before I got my Smart TV. It amazes me how many of these apps withh stream to chromecast but NOT to a smart TV, so I'm glad I have both. I've mostly been using Watch ABC app, NBC app, CBS app and FoxNow apps, because they all stream to Chromecast. FoxNow actually just released an app that downloads into my Smart TV. I got all excited UNTIL I tried to verify it, and Comcast XFinity is one of the very few providers that does NOT suport it. WHY NOT?? And WHY does the XFinityTV app NOT have chromecast support? Every movie, TV, or channel app, on my phone does (I just counted 29) EXCEPT Xfinity. So we just signed up for AT&T which is coming out next week. Comcast customer for 38 years, so it;s very hard to switch. For a company that brags about being up with technology, Comcast is falling way behind. OR maybe it's by design, so they can just jack up their customers, forcing them to pay more for the service, rather then giving us better access to apps or even basic cable wthat SHOULD provide an HD converter, without having to pay an arm, and a leg. :-( 

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation