Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFinity TV App & X1 with Cloud?

New Poster

XFinity TV App & X1 with Cloud?

My wife & I upgraded to X1 several months ago after experiencing Tivo problems and we're pretty satisfied with the product.  We travel frequently and saw the XFinity TV app will allow you to stream programs you've recorded with the X1 to a mobile device. 

I've downloaded the app and entered my username/password.  A screen comes up saying "adding device".  Then another screen says "XFINITY TV is now available in your area" and instructs me to call Comcast.

I called Comcast to explain what I was trying to do and the agent informed me I would need to upgrade my X1 box to include cloud capability... with a fee for someone to come out and physically swap out my X1 box.

I'm not certain the agent understood my issue... I've read online where others simply updated a setting on their account to enable cloud capability.  Should we have to upgrade our relatively new X1 box (installed about 5 months ago) to enable cloud capability or is this a setting on our account which has to be changed since we already have X1?

Thanks,

John.

Official Employee

Re: XFinity TV App & X1 with Cloud?

Megajohn, it's just a setting on your account, you don't have to swap out the DVR. Give a PM to comcast chad http://forums.comcast.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5687963
He'll hook you up. Depending on where you live you may not have access to the cloud DVR service but the live streaming.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: XFinity TV App & X1 with Cloud?

If you currently have an X1 DVR in the home you do not need to swap for new equipment, we just need to update your account so you can get cloud services.  Can you send me a private message with your account information and will get you set up if you are in an eligible market.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation