discussions

XFINITY TV Website (xtv.comcast.net) Error Code: 11700

ANSWERED
New Poster

XFINITY TV Website (xtv.comcast.net) Error Code: 11700

called not resolved what do I do 

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY TV Website (xtv.comcast.net) Error Code: 11700

Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices, and sign in with the "Primary account".  Only the "Primary account"  is allowed to remove devices.  Then select each of the tabs and see if you have maxed out the allowed devices.  Possibly remove all devices and see if it fixes the problem.   Comcast can't automatically "reset it", since they don't know which ones you want removed.

chrisb732 wrote:

Every time I logged into the website on the same computer it said it had to add the device again. If I am at my limit I don't know why they can't just reset it.

View answer in context
New Poster

I was on the phone with Comcast for about 80 minutes and no one seemed to know how to fix the problem. Finally they decided to have someone call me back so I am waiting for that.

Problem Solver

This XFINITY TV App Error Code: 11700 says you exceeded the device limit.  Are you connecting with too many devices?

New Poster

Every time I logged into the website on the same computer it said it had to add the device again. If I am at my limit I don't know why they can't just reset it.

Problem Solver

Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices, and sign in with the "Primary account".  Only the "Primary account"  is allowed to remove devices.  Then select each of the tabs and see if you have maxed out the allowed devices.  Possibly remove all devices and see if it fixes the problem.   Comcast can't automatically "reset it", since they don't know which ones you want removed.

chrisb732 wrote:

New Poster

Thank you. I tried that after I called them and there were no devices on there to remove. I ended up trying the online chat with customer help and they were about to fix the problem.

New Poster

I wish Comcast would fix this issue.  I have the same problem reaching my device limit.  Sounds like a programming issue to me.

New Poster

Same issue error 11700... I have called several times and chatted in the online support & they could not fix the problem 

New Poster

Call 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support.  They should be able to fix the device limit problem.  Just tell them Error 11700.  As far as why this error occurs, I have a theory that by not signing off the application each time it does not recognize when you are off that device.  I had been just closing out by 'X' ing out.  Hope this helps.

New Poster

Thank You for your help,, they where able to clear my device history and that fixed it,,,

New Poster

You are welcome.

Service Expert
Moved:

Post removed for bypassing the language filters in violation of Forum Guidelines.

New Poster

I spend 2hrs on chat with a comcast rep.  No luck. Saw your post, called the number, it was fix within minutes!  Thanks so much!

New Poster

Thanks for Advanced Tech Support's number. They were able to fix the problem in less than 5 min. Online chat was absolutely useless - I knew more about the error than they did!

I asked the CSR in Advanced Tech Support why this happens and she said to not sign out, just close the page (X out of window) but I had been doing that and I still got the error code. So I'm with you, I think signing completely out before closing the page will prevent the issue from happening again.
Regular Visitor

They fixed it once then I got it again then the live chat guy was able to fix it in a few minutes.

Admin1

Error Code 11700 indicates that you have exceeded the device limit. Please see HowAboutThisOne's post above on how to remove devices. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote:

Error Code 11700 indicates that you have exceeded the device limit. Please see HowAboutThisOne's post above on how to remove devices. 

Regular Visitor

The live chat guys can fix it now so that is an improvement.

Regular Visitor

I've been waiting 2 weeks for a call back. Nobody at Comcast recognized the error code. Very typical Comcast. As soon as the strike is over I'm swithing to FIOS

New Poster

I've just had the same issue and spent two days chatting with someone online for about a hour or more (being transfered from one person to another) and they weren't able to solve the issue. Thankfully I came across this forum and called the number you provided because the customer service person was able to fix the problem within 10mins. If others have this issue, please call the number because it will save you from a headache. 

New Poster

I called the advanced support line and this is the only way to solve the issue. Apparently, it stems from too many cookies being logged for your particular xfinity account. If you clear your cache frequently, this is likely to happen after a few months. The only recourse, I was told, is to call them to clear it, or don't clear your comcase/xfinity cookies.

New Poster

Thank you so much for the number. I've called all week. Finally saw this and it was fixed in seconds!! I would have hated to have to switch carriers. Yes the deprovisioning did the trick.
Frequent Visitor

Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 9 of 23 (4,562 Views)

Call 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support.  They should be able to fix the device limit problem.  Just tell them Error 11700.  As far as why this error occurs, I have a theory that by not signing off the application each time it does not recognize when you are off that device.  I had been just closing out by 'X' ing out.  Hope this helps.

out of all the comments here you gave best advice! Thank you for saving time and finding what really works on Error Code: 11700.

after waiting for 20mins. a very nice techie, named Mike, fixed my problem in 3 mins and gave me his extention # so he can always help me! The reason why Comcast does this error, as he explained it, is many people have been giving their login info to friends and family to use. So they limit the devices so others can't steal services. Makes sense. Just wished they told me about it as I thought there was a problem with my computer.

Thanks again for the best advice anyone gave that remedies this error!

New Poster

Call 8888248988.  tell them your computer or device has been registered more than 40 times because your browser has been reset.   DON'T CALL REGULAR NUMBER.   This is the escalated number and will save you countless hours.

Regular Visitor

888-824-8988 is the Tier 3 support number, but when I called I got a lower level person from Tier 2. She was an intelligent "analyst," but ultimately wasn't helpful -- even after I informed her of the pertinent information from the postings on this forum. Now I'm waiting for a Tier 3 person to call me back.... Honestly, I don't understand why such a gigantic support center doesn't have a searchable database for their higher-level people. All that should have to be done is type "error 11700" and the fix should appear 20 seconds later.

New Poster

Call Comcast and ask for tier 3 support.  They have to reset somthing on their side and it is fixed.  Mine took only a couple minutes once I got a hold of tier 3.  

New Poster

Call Comcast and ask for tier 3 support. They have to reset somthing on their side and it is fixed. Mine took only a couple minutes once I got a hold of tier 3.

Contributor

Just called Comcast at 888-824-8988 after spending an hour on the phone yesterday with lower level people.  Talked to Kerry.  While we were talking she fixed the problem.  6 minutes from beginning to end.  Said they know it is a problem.  Can't fix it yourself.  Have to call in when it happens again to have them clear it.  What a system!!  Hopefully they are working on something so it doesn't happened or allow you to clear it yourself.

New Poster

We have no devices.  This really isn't a device issue because I am only trying to use THEIR APP within their software to watch TV!!!  Nothing to register.  We have tried calling multiple times they send us to a help page and disconnect with us.  I have foot out the door on the way to AT&T Uverse. 

Regular Visitor

So I was told today on the phone that this feature is down and has been down for weeks.  They dont know when it will be fixed. 

Since this is a part of my service that I pay for, they are crediting me 2 months service for the problem.

I suggust you do the same.

New Poster

Well, interestingly enough the problem is resolved!!!  Spent two hours on the phone this morning with them and talked to three lovely women.  The last told me that the problem had to be elevated to their advanced tech.  They were to call us back within 24 hours.  Two minutes after hanging up the phone I tried the TV to Go on my phone and it worked???  Then hubby tried it on his laptop and it worked.  My only thought is that the advanced guys saw the ticket, flipped a switch some where and Bingo, it's fixed.  Does it really have to be this difficult? 

I'm just glad it's fixed.

New Poster

This error code was EXTREMELY difficult to get taken care of, I cannot even go into it without losing my mind, but basically you have to surpass all the incompetent representatives overseas and get a ticket number generated and once you have that ticket number you call the advanced tech number and they will clear it for you and you will be good to go, however it will end up happening again until they are able to create a different system so that these devices do not keep having to be re-registered, but till then that is what you have to do and then you are good to go and it will not take two weeks and many many hours on the phone and with online chat support to get fixed.  Thanks guys for giving me this number so I could help get this taken care of!!! Smiley Happy