Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,809,864

members

46

online now

1,955,149

discussions

Top

XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

Contributor

XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

When you use a new computer to access XTV Go (xtv.comcast.net/foryou), it make you register your new computer and give it a name.  WHERE on comcast.net or xtv can I see the list of computers that I've setup.  I'd like to remove my main computer at home to to see if re-adding it will fix some browswer problems I'm having - but cannot find any list of my devices anywhere.

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

Hi nalawod, is this what you're looking for:

 

https://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices

 

clicking Internet or TV tabs should list your devices, if this is what you're looking for.

ciao, bj

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?


nalawod wrote:

When you use a new computer to access XTV Go (xtv.comcast.net/foryou), it make you register your new computer and give it a name.  WHERE on comcast.net or xtv can I see the list of computers that I've setup.  I'd like to remove my main computer at home to to see if re-adding it will fix some browswer problems I'm having - but cannot find any list of my devices anywhere.


You cannot view this as you are registering the desktop/laptop/tablet each and every time you use the XTV website.   I must register each time I login to that site and register my laptop each time.  If you desire to clear anything resident in your browser, clear all history and cache.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

 

Contributor

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

The last response above by "HowAboutThisOne" is what my experience is.  Once I've registered a device and given it a name, I never have to do it again- so I guess it's possible that if you're having to do that every time, your computer is set to not store cookies.   Now, when you register a computer, the website even says "give it a name so you can recognize it from your list of devices".  Really??? What list?  I'ts nowhere.  And to the other response you can see them under my services / internet tab or tv tab -- nope - that just shows the comcast hardware you have connected.  Surely they store this somewhere --- WHERE???? lol.  Typical.

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

The only "Device Management" screen I've seen in this one: https://device.comcast.net/devices

 

It doesn't show computers or tablets/phones connected to the XTV portal.  The closest it shows are any devices connected to the Xfinity TV app where you downloaded a recording.

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?


HowAboutThisOne wrote:

 


I do not "log-in" per se...

Since I connect a server  @ work, 2 desktops @ work, a WIndows10 desktop, a Windows 10 laptop and 2 tablets @ home plus a Kindle FIre, they ALL require an acceptance of terms and naming of each device every time I access XTV for my CLOUD.  I would dispute your point.


The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

Once I've named my computer (like "HomePC"), I've never had to name it again no matter how often i've shut it down/restarted or restarted the browser.   And I'm sure XTV site would ask me for it again if it wasn't already recogninzing it.   Bottom line, it IS somehow remembered between sessions and since even their popup says 'So you can identify your devices', there should be somewhere to see the list of the ones you've registered with them.

 

And I did test removing all cookies from my browser.  It does re-prompt me to identify my device when I go back to xtv site.  I bet you have your browser(s) set to remove cookies on close or something like that.  If my cookies are still present, I go right in without the prompt to identify my computer.

Service Expert

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?


nalawod wrote:

 

And I did test removing all cookies from my browser.  It does re-prompt me to identify my device when I go back to xtv site.  I bet you have your browser(s) set to remove cookies on close or something like that.  If my cookies are still present, I go right in without the prompt to identify my computer.


I do for each and every browsing session.... 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

 


geek46 wrote:

nalawod wrote:

 

And I did test removing all cookies from my browser.  It does re-prompt me to identify my device when I go back to xtv site.  I bet you have your browser(s) set to remove cookies on close or something like that.  If my cookies are still present, I go right in without the prompt to identify my computer.


I do for each and every browsing session.... 


You're missing my point -- your browser must be set to delete cookies on close.  That's an option in Chrome and Firefox - not sure about I.E.  I had Firefox set that way for a while and got tired of having to re-authenticate and answer security question challenges to every website that wanted to remember my computer (i.e. my bank sites/healthcare, xtv ,etc.).  I now let it keep cookies between sessions and don't have to answer the security challenges each time.  The same is true for xtv.

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

 Every time I open https://xtv.comcast.net/ on my PC (Win 7 64bit Chrome), I have to sign in, accept the terms and name the device. Every single time. I can be in the middle of watching a show, close the window, reopen and have to start all over. It's rather infuriating.

 

I have put every possible combination of URLs and other info in my allowed cookies, anti-virus, etc. Other than this specific thread, I can find no information at all on this issue. Just two minutes ago, I was "watching tv" on the Website while looking at the Device Manager tab and it said no devices were registered. I opened and closed the portal multiple times (registering each time) and it never listed my PC under the device manager.

Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY TV Go web site - WHERE are my devices listed?

What happens if you choose "Allow local data to be set (recommended)" for all Cookies in the "Content settings..." in the Chrome browser settings? Does it then keep you signed in? Try to make sure it will stay signed in first before you get so paranoid and block all cookies.

 

Also the Device Manager website doesn't show connections from the browser. It's more for managing device connections for the apps (Xfinity TV and Xfinity TV Go). It will only show a connection for the Xfinity TV app if you initiate a download of a DVR recording. 

 


ikcaj wrote:

 Every time I open https://xtv.comcast.net/ on my PC (Win 7 64bit Chrome), I have to sign in, accept the terms and name the device. Every single time. I can be in the middle of watching a show, close the window, reopen and have to start all over. It's rather infuriating.

 

I have put every possible combination of URLs and other info in my allowed cookies, anti-virus, etc. Other than this specific thread, I can find no information at all on this issue. Just two minutes ago, I was "watching tv" on the Website while looking at the Device Manager tab and it said no devices were registered. I opened and closed the portal multiple times (registering each time) and it never listed my PC under the device manager.