Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY TV Go claiming I do not have access to channels I have paid for

New Poster

XFINITY TV Go claiming I do not have access to channels I have paid for

I have never had any major issues with XFINITY TV Go over the years on my computer, but currently I am locked out of shows on all cable channels even though I am an XFINITY TV customer. It is claimed I am not subscribed to abc, nbc, fox and so on although these channels have been paid for in my current bill. I have reloaded the browser and quit and reopened my browser a few times to no avail. 

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV Go claiming I do not have access to channels I have paid for

I'm having the same issue. Suggestions anyone?

New Poster

same issue here. as a matter of fact, it is first time it happens.

I contact comcast, all I get was push 1 for..............., push 2 for.................

Finally I got hold of them, guy said with strange accent telling me I do not have comcast account.

??????????????................flat out stupidity on comcast.

No wonder people rated comcast number 1 lousy customer services.

Regular Contributor

You can call the Applications Departement at 877-599-1845 and they can help you with this.

- Norm

Regular Visitor

so here I go trying to type this message again.....I swear its a conspiracy...smh...I am also having trouble. Locked out of all the channels I subscribe to. It ws find up until this afternoon, well aside from video freezing and video jumping back about 10 minutes after the ads....anyway I can't view any movies or shows even though my "home network has been verified" and I called the number listed and the ran me thru clearing the temp internet and cache. Why do we pay so much money when there is a problem they don't know what is wrong or how to fix it?! And yes I want it fixed asap....just like they want their money asap! Now xfinity has me waiting 24-48 hours suposedly for some techs to call me back>>>>smh....but I have been reading online that many people think that xfinity is trying to limit usage kinda' like cell phones...wth kinda' ish is this???...

Regular Contributor

RingRob:

The applications department generally can only help out with the "You're not subscribed to AbcXyz" error. If you're having other problems I'm sorry to say that Comcast telephone support is not well equipped to help out.

The video starting from the beginning after a commercial break is a problem with the ad delivery system and this has been a known problem for a while. The Comcast people have installed several updates that have fixed some of the more obnoxious ad related problems but there are still some and this is one. Please note that since one of the recent updates you are now able to scroll back to the chapter where you should have started after the break without watching multiple commercial breaks so at least that's a plus. If you are having problems that are ad related in nature please post about them in this official Ad problem thread: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc...

As far as videos freezing without more details I can only give you the most general advise:

People who consistently use IE and have problems frequently have better luck with another browser so if you are using IE then try FireFox or Chrome.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Flash player, you can check that here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If you have another computer, can you test and see if the other computer has the same issues so that we can figure out if it's a problem on this particular computer or if it's external i.e. a router / modem / or line problem.

Not a solution but a workaround, try going directly to the networks own website and watch from there. Most people who find the Xfinity site unuseable don't have a problem on the networks own site.

- Norm

New Poster

There are a couple similar threads regarding this issue, but I'll post in this one.

I'm having the same issue.  I do not have access to channels I subscribe to, on the XfinityTV website or Go App (Android).  Gives me the same message.

This goes for all of the standard channels (ABC, NBC, etc.) and premium ones to which I subscribe (HBO).  

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Roland106:

If you are having ad related issues then you should post about those issues in the thread I gave the link to, the official Comcast people monitor that forum and will take notice of people complaining about continuing ad issues. They do not read every single post in every single thread, so complaining about ad issues here will not get you any official help.

People who have had the "Abcxyz is not part of your subscriptions" error have been able to call the Applications Department and have had the problem fixed, I can point to this thread http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Says-I-need-a-subscription-to-watch/td-p/1967841/page... and specifically user CindyAndrew72 who posted back after calling and saying that they fixed the problem. If you called and were not helped and got an inexperienced person (which happens) then I'd suggest you call back and hopefully you'll get another more experienced person who will be able to fix your subscription problem.

- Norm

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Regular Contributor

RingRob:

My experience is pretty much with the streaming service only but it seems like the article you pointed to talks about an update to the X1 platform which is (as far as I can tell) is a cable modem / DVR combo and the problem would have caused problems for people trying to watch TV on their actual TV's using the cable box / DVR and the article doesn't mention any problem that impacted the streaming service i.e. people's ability to watch shows through the Xfinity website on their computer. So if you have one of those cable boxes / DVR's that were impacted and couldn't watch TV then the article applies to you, if you were having problems watching shows on your computer through the Xfinity website then the article doesn't apply to you.

- Norm

Regular Visitor

i have this problem for MONTHS!!!!!!!! Can you believe that?!!!!!!!!! I was able to watch AMC, A&E and other channels, but one day they just locked me out and say "just one moment" months is one hella of moment, COMCAST, U suck, ur customer service sucks, they fking hang up on me!!!!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!!!! I called, they said i reset everything, give it 30 mins and u will be good, i waited twice, more than one hr. and then i called again, the lady said hold on let me check, and then hanged up!!!!!! and another time another lady said i promise it will work, i will wait with u if u don't trust me, and then she HANGED UP again!!!!!! WT-F, Comcast, r u KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! No wonder u losing costomers, when the stupid contract ends, i will see you NEVER!!!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

all my services were restored today

Regular Visitor

what I was told on an online chat was that it affected alot of this including peoples internet, phones, and television services...my phones and my access online was limited and they gave it 24-48 hours it was restored by the latter.