New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY TV GO Watch on TV No compatible cable boxes were found

ANSWERED
Contributor

XFINITY TV GO Watch on TV No compatible cable boxes were found

I use the TV Guide on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings to select programs to watch on my TV. It is now telling me "No compatible cable boxes were found in your household." I have the MOTOROLA DCX3425R

I am a quadriplegic, paralyzed from the neck down, and can use my Windows notebook. I use a program called IRCommand2 - Universal Remote Control Software for the PC to control the TV, DVR, Roku. It was unable to learn the IR signal on the X1 box. It works with the DCX3425R, but it was easier to use the web guide to change channels. That no longer works. The new online guide only allows one to watch on the PC not change the channel on the TV. 

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY TV GO Watch on TV No compatible cable boxes were found

Thanks! It still was not working in chrome so after reading your message I tried with firefox. That worked, so went back to chrome, cleared cookies, and cache from the past week. Now it works again.

Thanks for your help!

View answer in context
New Poster

I have the same issue. I am a quadriplegic and I use the original TV to go and the computer TV listings to change my channels. This new platform does not work for the disabled.

Contributor

Just discovered, besides not being able to change channels on the TV, I can not set the DVR recordings using the online guide! Please fix this soon.

Comcast says it committed to accessibility but you broke what was working. I am unable to use voice control. I am unable to use an app on a smartphone or tablet.

Problem Solver

Try to send 
Contributor

My guess is that this has now been resolved.

The problem seems to have been with Comcasts's database that ties user devices to user accounts. It crashed in some stupid way (see this week's 'Sign in...' debacle).

I deduce this by way of examing the XHR transactions on the 'http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes' page (using Chrome's developer tools, you can see in the Network tab what's going on there with the JSON response to the request 'http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/xtv/authkey/user').

When fetching my records, my device record had 'rtune.remoteTuneCapable' set to 'false' (although the 'rdvr' fields were all AOK, so I could what was going on with my DVR recordings, confirming that network communications with my device were fine).

Now, 48 hours later, it correctly reports 'rtune.remoteTuneCapable' as 'true'; and control has been returned.

Nothing about my physical device has changed over that period. It didn't 'magically' stop being capable of remoteTune requests, and somehow 'magically' become capable again. It's Comcast's database that took two days to rebuild.

I'm a web developer, but just a random web developer and no particular genius. It took me a couple of minutes to see what was going on.

SHAME ON COMCAST!

Shame on them, for selling and charging for a service that is so brittle it broke horribly twice in a week.

Shame on them, for not at least posting a message in either situation saying 'there's a problem at our end, and we're aware of it'.

Gosh, it really toasts my biscuit, I must say.

Thanks for your patience Smiley Happy.

Contributor

Thanks! It still was not working in chrome so after reading your message I tried with firefox. That worked, so went back to chrome, cleared cookies, and cache from the past week. Now it works again.

Thanks for your help!

Contributor

This is getting old.
A tech talked me into buying a new modem the other day.
Then it hapened again.
Then I got cut offline in the middle of texting with tech.
When I found it to work on my phone - It had not been working - I cleared cookes and stuff and then it worked.
Now same cr*p again.
Comcast is my only option that is not dialup.

Contributor

Same error here. Still broken. 

Contributor

Me too. Broken a few days now. Clearing cookies and cache doesn't work this time.