Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY TV Disappointment

Regular Visitor

XFINITY TV Disappointment

I received and email for 5 free movies in appreciation for being an XFINITY X1 customer.  I followed the steps and selected the movies I wanted downloaded.  Instead of getting what I wanted I got a duplicate movie.  Why would someone purchase the same movie twice?  I work with computers and understand the quirks that often occur.  However, my frustration isn't that this issue happened, it's that after 7 transfers and/or different phone numbers to call no one could fix the issue. Apparently when the system screws up and gives you the wrong movie there's no way to fix it.  The "fix" was to purchase the movie and when it appeared as a charge to my account, I could call and get it credited back.  No way I was going to go through all that over again so I just gave up and still have a duplicate movie in my purchase queue.

After this experience there's no way I'll ever use this service to purchase movies and will warn others as well.

Sincerely disappointed 

Regular Visitor

Re: XFINITY TV Disappointment

Well I guess they tried...

I recieved an apology email after my 7 phone calls and 45 minutes on the phone.  The email said "OUR APLOGIES, below is your new coupon".  It was for 5 free movies again. Whether I had a bout of conscience or was just concerned about being charged for them...I chose the same movies that I had chosen before.  This time, hoping I would actually get the 5 movies I wanted.  Well, Instead it did it again so now I have duplicates of 3 movies and 4 copies of John Wich in my Purchase Queue. And, still don't have the 5 movie that I had chosen.

I wish I could post a picture of my purchase queue on here so someone at COMCAST could see how rediculous it looks.

There's no way I'm going to try and get a hold of anyone again...

Again...Sincerely Disappointed

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation