Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

New Poster

X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

Not sure where the issue is... But I takes almost 40 minutes to download a 60 minute show to my Ipad. It only takes about 5 minutes to download a movie from iTunes.
Not sure why it is so slow. I understand the difference between HD and AD - but that should not make a difference.
Thoughts?.
New Poster

Re: X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

I am having same problem...gmail is incredibly slow...and FB nothing....Nuts...so dependent on internet..yikes...installed xfinity app to resolve...TBC

New Poster

Re: X1 platform - download time to my ipad for my DVR recordings takes soooo long

I guess I'm talking abt internet, not TV...haven't even turned on the TV...TV OK

Problem Solver

Lchiras wrote:
Not sure where the issue is... But I takes almost 40 minutes to download a 60 minute show to my Ipad. It only takes about 5 minutes to download a movie from iTunes.
Not sure why it is so slow. I understand the difference between HD and AD - but that should not make a difference.
Thoughts?.

Which version iPad are you using? Maybe after the iOS 8 upgrade available today after 1pm (EST)

will help if an older iPad. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Which version iPad are you using? Maybe after the iOS 8 upgrade available today after 1pm (EST)

will help if an older iPad. Good luck!

I can't help thinking that would be a really "brave" move!..... Smiley Wink 

Personally, I hold off on these "massive" udates until they release, in this case, 8.1!..... Let other folk find the bugs & give them a chance to fix them first!

My guess is something else is awry..... I have no idea if it's relevant here, but what DNS servers are you using? (Comcasts own are 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76) Some folk appear to have/had issues if anything else is tried first.

As always, just my 02c, YMMV,

Ian

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation