Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 on Web and Mobile Help and Support Site-X1 Cloud DVR and Live TV Streaming

Official Employee

X1 on Web and Mobile Help and Support Site-X1 Cloud DVR and Live TV Streaming

FYI.. We recently created a dedicated Help and Support site for the XFINITY TV app and website for our X1 customers.   Please review the content and let us know if there any suggestions or things we missed. 

https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinitytv

Thanks,

Chad

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: X1 on Web and Mobile Help and Support Site-X1 Cloud DVR and Live TV Streaming

I just recently moved and updated services to the X1 platform. When trying to set-up the X1 app or the apps on my TV it is not recognizing my equipment. I spent over 30mins on the phone with tech support and they couldn't help me and just kept transfering me to different departments. Someone please help.
New Poster

Re: X1 on Web and Mobile Help and Support Site-X1 Cloud DVR and Live TV Streaming

Make my apple app. Tv remote show movies my plan is suppose to have that I should have access to
New Poster

My cloud dvr seems not to be working from my mobile app. I can schedule but I can't watch my recorded shows when I am away from home on my iPad.

also the app doesn't show anything listed for my scheduled recordings.

Problem Solver

Glad to see I am not alone in this.  I have posted to a separate thread about this issue.  Doesn't seem like Comcast really cares.  I would suggest you post which shows aren't showing up on the app, and which scheduled shows are not showing up.  Mine worked great for awhile, but now has sucked for the past 2 weeks.

Spavlat wrote:

My cloud dvr seems not to be working from my mobile app. I can schedule but I can't watch my recorded shows when I am away from home on my iPad.

also the app doesn't show anything listed for my scheduled recordings.

Frequent Visitor

I have X1. I use the DVR, the xfinity TV app, and I watch online. I am having trouble with every single CBS show I have recorded.  It records fine on the DVR. If I watch at home, the show appears as it should. But, if I want to watch on the Xfinity TV app on my ipad, or online, instead of the show I requested, there is a WTTW/ pbs show in its place.  This ONLY happens with CBS network shows.  It's been going on for at least a month.  Can someone please look into this?  Is it possible that there is a typo in the code that links up the online/ apps with what's recording on the DVR?  

Thanks in advance for your help. 

New Poster

The site doesn't mention how to fix the 12012 issue that prevents me from watching anything on my mobile apps, and this site does not help either. ("Oh, you're getting an error that we can't figure out? Try visiting our user forums instead!")

Regular Visitor

x1 is not letting me activate my devices

Service Expert

sourcex wrote:

x1 is not letting me activate my devices

Call the X1 helplne @ 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and speak with the CSR about activating the boxes if you cannot do it locally.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I'm in the Nashville TN area and recently moved to another apartment in the same city. During the time gap between moving and getting the appointment setup, I continued to use the X1 app without issue and recorded with the dvr and watched my shows. On 2/25/16, they installed my same dvr and modem. When it was done, my X1 app gave the following message:

Good news!

XFINITY TV is now available in your area. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to order.

• Stream live TV and On Demand content to any TV, mobile device, or computer in your home.
  • Add the X1 DVR and enjoy the convenience of watching DVR recordings at home on your mobile devices and computers.
  • Download recordings to a mobile device then take your shows on the road to watch whenever, wherever you like.

Switch Account

Did you recently upgrade to the X1 Operating System? Activation can take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.  Try Again
If you think there's a problem with your service, please call 1-800-COMCAST

I have an iPhone 6 Plus with the latest iOS. I've called into customer service multiple times, deleted and reinstalled the app several times and rebooted the phone. Please help.
Frequent Visitor

Hello! I'm having an issue where I can watch and record perfectly on my DVR and the shows appear on my DVR, but no shows recorded on local stations (nbc, cbs or abc) show up on my app or web! It used to work perfectly and loved being able to watch recorded late night shows or Today show from my computer or download for offline viewing when I was going out traveling and wanted to catch-up on my shows. All local stations are removed from my channel guide view on the app and web! Shows all channels except local ones! Called Comcast... Transferred a bunch of times...finally realized they have an App tech support which was clueless on what was causing my issue. Said a tech would get back to me within 48 hours. Nobody has reached back out and very frustrated. My neighbor who also has Comcast has no issues with his app and can see all local stations.
Tags (2)
Problem Solver

Sounds like some kind of entitlement issue going on with your account, especially if your neighbor is getting the local channels on his app.  I also feel your pain with dealing with tech support. Clueless is definitely a word that comes to mind.

Out of curiosity, which app version are you having the issue with: Apple or Android? When using the website are you on iOs or Windows?  What is your neighbor using to access the app: Apple or Android? Does your neighbor have any issues when trying to access the website from a computer? If not, could you use his computer to log on to the website with your ID and see if it is still broken? If it works on his, then it seems like it could be an OS issue. If not, then an entitlement issue.

You could try calling in to Comcast again and ask them to refresh your entitlements.  If that fails, I would PM 

MrTechGuy wrote:
Hello! I'm having an issue where I can watch and record perfectly on my DVR and the shows appear on my DVR, but no shows recorded on local stations (nbc, cbs or abc) show up on my app or web! It used to work perfectly and loved being able to watch recorded late night shows or Today show from my computer or download for offline viewing when I was going out traveling and wanted to catch-up on my shows. All local stations are removed from my channel guide view on the app and web! Shows all channels except local ones! Called Comcast... Transferred a bunch of times...finally realized they have an App tech support which was clueless on what was causing my issue. Said a tech would get back to me within 48 hours. Nobody has reached back out and very frustrated. My neighbor who also has Comcast has no issues with his app and can see all local stations.
Frequent Visitor

I'm using iPhone 6 Plus. I'm also using the tv website on my iMac.

My neighbor logged in as me on his device and same problem...he can't see local shows using my login credentials. When he logs back under his account, he can get the locals and record/view perfectly. Crazy!!!

It must be an entitlement issue I suppose? I've messaged Chad with my ticket #....lets hope something happens quickly as I've been without tv in my office for several weeks now.

Thank you for your support!!