Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 iOS app is missing recordings.

New Poster

X1 iOS app is missing recordings.

Since yesterday, my X1 app hasn't been current with my recordings. Every recording is on my DVR, but there are certain things that aren't listed in the app. I've uninstalled, logged out, reset everything, etc., but I still cannot watch what I want on my iPad.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 iOS app is missing recordings.

Did you check to make sure the recoding schedule is the same on both boxes? You can try deleting the scheduled show and setting it back up if they somehow got out of sync with each other.

New Poster

There's only one box. On my box, the show was set to record, and did. On my iPad, it wasn't set to record and doesn't show up. I tried setting it to record mid-episode, and nothing happened. The next new episode is set to record, and it was when I looked initially. Every recording I have scheduled was listed for the next few weeks, except this one episode of the one show.

Regular Contributor

I recorded The Good Wife on Sunday night.  The recording shows up on my DVR/tv, but not on my iOS app.  First time this has happened.

Problem Solver

I'm going to keep saying this until I'm blue in the face. I bet the show(s) that didn't make it to the Cloud DVR are marked "Not available for mobile viewing" on the DVR. This is a BUG that Comcast will not admit to.  Random shows that show up on the Cloud DVR schedule to be recorded, then mysteriously disappear due to that message.

If you see that your schedule has a mismatch, you need to use the app or XTV web portal and find the missing show in the guide, then reschedule it.  The "Not available for mobile viewing" message will miraculously disappear.

New Poster

I never recovered an error message. Every other episode of e show has made it to my iPad just fine. It's available on demand, even on my app, and tv go or whatever it's called. I actually did cancel my recording for the series and reset it, and I still didn't get the recording on the app.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation