Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 app not working gets error 401

Regular Visitor

X1 app not working gets error 401

4 days ago our X1 TV app stopped working on our iPads. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling them but keep getting an error message of 401. I called customer service but the representative was not able to help at all. She had no idea what was causing the error message to all of a sudden appear on two iPads after having it work perfectly for months and months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (3)
Service Expert

Re: X1 app not working gets error 401

kathiec313 wrote:
4 days ago our X1 TV app stopped working on our iPads. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling them but keep getting an error message of 401. I called customer service but the representative was not able to help at all. She had no idea what was causing the error message to all of a sudden appear on two iPads after having it work perfectly for months and months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the 'normal' fix is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Any checked out recordings will be returned to the DVR. Reinstall and accept the terms and conditions. that should take care of any problem. My guess is that these issues are related to iOS updates.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times...when I attempt to log in each time after re downloading I get that same error message. 😞
Regular Visitor

Just did it again and it seems fixed now. Thank you so much for your advice...it is much appreciated!
Regular Visitor

Yes checked for updates first...but every this is up to date....now only one iPad mini is not working with the X1 app....I was able to get past the accepting of their terms...and it starts searching for the TV channel.... I'm able to get the listing of shows...but whenever I choose a channel it just buffers with the 3 lights under the TV channel icon and the channel. Never comes on.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation