New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Remote iPhone App Not Working

Frequent Visitor

X1 Remote iPhone App Not Working

Hi all,

First let me say I've called the X1 tech support and the tech was unable to solve my problem so he has elevated it to "tier 2".  I'm just wondering if anyone on this board has found a fix for my issue.

Just had the X1 system installed on 4 televisions.  Installed the X1 Remote App on my iPhone and signed in.  The app recognizes one of my 4 TV's, the first one initialized by the installer.  Unfortunately this TV is not my main TV.  When I'm in the app it does not recognize any of the other boxes.  It also will not allow me to exit the app.

I'm uninstalled the app.  Turned off my phone and did a soft reset then reinstalled the app.  Still getting the same issue with the app only recognizing one of the boxes and not allowing me to sign off.

Any thoughts?

When Tier2 support get's back to me I'll update this thread if they have a solution.

Mary

Problem Solver

Re: X1 Remote iPhone App Not Working

What do you mean you can't exit the app?  Can't you use the home button on the iPhone to exit the app?  Or are you talking about signing out of your account within the app?  If so, what happens if you tap on the "..." icon/button at the top left of the app and then tap the gear icon for the settings (you should be able to see your boxes there, change various app settings, and sign out of your account at the bottom of the page)?

Frequent Visitor

CD_M,

On the screen for the one tv the app recognizes, let's call it the "daisy" screen, there are three buttons on the bottom of the screen, "xfinity", "microphone",and "exit". Of those three buttons only the "microphone" button works. Under the settings option where you can turn voice recognition on and off there is a log off option. It will allow me to log off, but then when I log back in it still only recognizes one of my TVs. I can use the "home" button on the phone to exit, but when I open the app again it gies directly to the daisy page of the one tv the app recognizes. This seems like a great app. I'd just like to be able to use it on all my TVs.
Problem Solver

maryclover wrote:
CD_M,

On the screen for the one tv the app recognizes, let's call it the "daisy" screen, there are three buttons on the bottom of the screen, "xfinity", "microphone",and "exit". Of those three buttons only the "microphone" button works. Under the settings option where you can turn voice recognition on and off there is a log off option. It will allow me to log off, but then when I log back in it still only recognizes one of my TVs. I can use the "home" button on the phone to exit, but when I open the app again it gies directly to the daisy page of the one tv the app recognizes. This seems like a great app. I'd just like to be able to use it on all my TVs.

So it sounds like exiting the app isn't an issue.  As far as the "Xfinity" and "Exit" buttons, those should be sending those commands to the X1 box that you are connected to--you won't see anything in the app itself, but on the TV that is connected to the X1 box that you are controlling you should see the effect of pressing those buttons (as if you pressed them on the actual remote for that box).

As far as other boxes, when you are on the settings page, above the voice recognition options (as I recall) you should see which box you are controlling, and you should be able to tap on it and perhaps see if there are other boxes available and switch to another box if another one is listed there.

New Poster

I just had the x1 box installed today as well.  We installed the main hub (named media room) and then I installed the iPhone x1 remote application.  It was working fine.  Then the main hub had a glitch, and we had to replace it with another x1 main hub box (named media room). 

The iphone app doesn't control the new box.  I then uninstalled the app, and it automatically comes up with only 'main hub' as available.  I then changed the name on the main hub from media room to man cave. 

The iphone app still doesn't see the hub.

It appears that the iphone app only collects the information on what the available boxes are the FIRST time the application is launched.  If you get an answer from tier 2 support, please post it here.  I'll do the same!

Official Employee

Rich, Since you just had it installed try it again tomorrow, it usually takes close to 24 hrs for a job to officially close in the system, that's probably why it's not showing up yet

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks Andrew.  I called last night because some of the channels I was supposed to get I wasn't getting, and they fixed the issue.  When they pushed the changes, my iPhone App was able to see the X1 box.  Thanks!

New Poster

I had X1 installed this afternoon and realized there was a different mobile app to control DVR.  After installing app, I logged in and it says it doesn't see any X1 on my account.  Reading through thread, do you think it has to do with Comcast updating my profile and potentially the app will work properly after 24 hour period?

New Poster

is there a tutorial for how to work the iphone app?  i'm clueless.

Frequent Visitor

My voice command doesn't work on normal remote control or the iPhone app very frustrating and I search for solutions and they're nowhere to be found
Service Expert

Sfath1975 wrote:
My voice command doesn't work on normal remote control or the iPhone app very frustrating and I search for solutions and they're nowhere to be found

The Voice Command Service is DOWN....   This will also affect the VOICDE COMMAND on the Apps...   COmcast is aware and is working on repairing the service.   There are literally hunderds of posts about this in the X1 forums as it also affects anyone who has an XR11 Voice Remote as well.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon