Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 DVR TV APP error message on playback

New Poster

X1 DVR TV APP error message on playback

I just got a new X1 DVR and it won't let me watch recorded shows on the TV app. I can watch the recorded shows if they are currently recording live, but not previous recordings. The error message reads
NSURLErrorDomain ::-1001.

Is anyone else having this problem cause it's kind of why we chose the X1 DVR but if the apps hasn't worked from the beginning what's the point of this DVR.
New Poster

Re: X1 DVR TV APP error message on playback

Oh and I am using an iPad mini and iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1.2 operating system
Official Employee

bulldognutrtion wrote:
Oh and I am using an iPad mini and iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1.2 operating system

Are you seeing the error on all recorings or a select few?  I do see a few recordings that failed to record to our cloud recorders.  Can you also try uninstalling and reinstalliing the app?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also getting the same error, but also, not all my shows that are recorded are showing up on my list. this is a bit troubling as I switched from my old box to this along with an upcharge for this feature. i watch shows on my Iphone 6+. Lastly, will you be rolling out an app for microsft tablets. I use a surface pro2 and would much rather watch my shows on a tablet than my phone. thanks for your time.

B

Official Employee

bjr91168 wrote:

I am also getting the same error, but also, not all my shows that are recorded are showing up on my list. this is a bit troubling as I switched from my old box to this along with an upcharge for this feature. i watch shows on my Iphone 6+. Lastly, will you be rolling out an app for microsft tablets. I use a surface pro2 and would much rather watch my shows on a tablet than my phone. thanks for your time.

B

Sorry, I dont have any info on microsoft tablets.  At this time we just support Android and Apple devices. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

bjr91168 wrote:

B

on windows devices, you would need to go to https://xtv.comcast.net/ on a browser (i.e. chrome, firefox, Internet explorer) to see the cloud recordings.

New Poster

It's on all previously recorded shows in my DVR list. Not just a few. It's the same message every time. I will try re downloading the app.
New Poster

Tried deleting app and re downloading. It's still reading that error message on all my saved programs. Well I will have to wait patiently for a new update to the app so we can take advantage of what's offered with the X1 DVR
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation