Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 DVR Mobile App: How do I exit the program I just finished watching?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR Mobile App: How do I exit the program I just finished watching?

Using my IPAD with the Xfinity TV mobile app,  I accessed my X1 DVR, from "My Recordings" I selected and watched a show, but I can't figure out how to exit the screen.  Screen is frozen on the last page of the closing credits.  Cannot locate a "Done", "Back" , "Exit" button?  Thanks !

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 DVR Mobile App: How do I exit the program I just finished watching?

Like I said, something went wrong with the app.  When the recording ends, it should open a popup asking if you want to "Delete Recording" or "Go to Recordings".  There is no "Done", "Back" or "Exit" button.

If your screen is frozen and you can't even use the menu button, then something is wrong with the app.  Seems like more people have problems with the Apple app than with the Android app (at least it seems that way from the forum posts).

If you really want to complain about the app, either call Comcast or send an email to "Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com".  These are user to user forums, and if a Comcast employee doesn't read your post, then nothing will get done about it unfortunately.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Sounds like something went wrong with the app.  I know for a fact on the Android app, when the recording ends, a popup immediately opens and asks if you want to delete the recording.  Should work similar on the Apple app.

You might have to force close the app and reopen it.  If you want to delete the show you just watched, select it and choose "Record Options" and pick delete.

Frequent Visitor

I don't want to "delete" the recording, I want to continue saving the show on the X1.  I just want to close the viewing screen. I can work around it, but it is annoying !

Problem Solver

Like I said, something went wrong with the app.  When the recording ends, it should open a popup asking if you want to "Delete Recording" or "Go to Recordings".  There is no "Done", "Back" or "Exit" button.

If your screen is frozen and you can't even use the menu button, then something is wrong with the app.  Seems like more people have problems with the Apple app than with the Android app (at least it seems that way from the forum posts).

If you really want to complain about the app, either call Comcast or send an email to "Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com".  These are user to user forums, and if a Comcast employee doesn't read your post, then nothing will get done about it unfortunately.

Frequent Visitor

got it.  Thanks !

New Poster

But what if you just want to stop playing in the middle of the program?  My Screen isn't frozen, but the last program played is what is on (either starting to play where I left off or paused) in the background when I reopen the app.  

There should be some type of exit button so it doesn't play (or stay paused) in the background if I want to simply surf over to the Guide listing.  

Thanks, 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation