New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 Cloud DVR Recording Problems and Recording Schedule Mismatches

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

X1 Cloud DVR Recording Problems and Recording Schedule Mismatches

For the past week I have been having issues with random recordings not showing up on the X1 Cloud DVR. The recording will occur on the physical DVR but will not record to the Cloud DVR. Yesterday evening I had a total of 6 scheduled recordings, with 2 of them failing to record to the Cloud DVR at their scheduled time. I purposely watched the actual DVR and the Cloud DVR (using my Android phone and the Xfinity TV app) when the recordings were scheduled to start.

The 2 recordings that failed to start recording to the Cloud DVR were:

• Big Brother (S17, Ep 20) Channel 1005 @ 8:01p
  • Behind Bars: Rookie Year - Is It Worth It? (S1, Ep 1) Channel 1330 @ 9:01p

As soon as I saw they had failed to start on the Cloud DVR, I used the Android app to find them in the "Guide Listings" and hit the Record button. Prior to my hitting the record button, neither showed the red recording indicator. As soon as I hit the record button, the recording then showed up in the "Recordings" list on the Android app and my PC.

If a Comcast employee can look at my DVR recordings and my Cloud recordings you will see that both shows display but each now has a different start time being that it took me about a minute before I could get the recording to start on the Xfinity TV app and website.

Now, on to the second problem that I have been having with Cloud DVR recordings. Some of the recordings fail to play with a Stream 500 error, and will not play on any computer, tablet or phone. Others give an Error 900.primetime.102100 code. This occurred when trying to play back "Behind Bars: Rookie Year: Is It Worth It?" This is the show that I had to start the manual recording for since it failed to record to the Cloud DVR even though it was scheduled. This show will not play on any PC using Chrome, IE, or the new Edge browser in Windows 10, Vista or 8.1. It will play on the Android app on my phone or tablet. After trying to play it and failing, I scheduled the show to record another time and it worked.

Here is the diagnostics output when trying to play on Chrome.

Customer Service Diagnostics

My public IP address 98........
OS Windows
Browser Chrome 44.0.2403
Build number 181414
Flash version 18.0.0.209
Status In home
Entitlements cdvr, linear, vod
Last fingerprint unknown
Stream provider primetime
Watchable type DVR
Video ID recording/V8424285106059263622L179621508070201109S102
Media ID comcast:dvr:schedule:V8424285106059263622L179621508070201109S102
Error code 900.primetime.102100
Error description Video player errorError aux infohttp://odol-atsec-nas-02.cdvr-nash-tn.xcr.comcast.net/V8424285106059263622L179621508070201109S102.m3u8
Brand A&EHD
Video title Behind Bars: Rookie Year: Is It Worth It?

It would be nice to get a more stable experience using the Cloud DVR, since I use it about 50% of the time when watching my recorded content.

Accepted Solution

Re: X1 Cloud DVR Recording Problems and Recording Schedule Mismatch

Just an update for anyone who might have been having this issue with their Cloud DVR.  I was contacted (on 8/23/2015) via phone by X1 Tier 2 support.  They acknowledged there had been a problem on their end and it was now fixed.  I verified that I hadn't had the issue of losing any scheduled recordings for the past week so the ticket was closed.

What the root of the problem was I wasn't told.  Hopefully the issue won't show up again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

X1 Cloud DVR Recording Problems and Recording Schedule Mismatch

Since Comcast doesn't seem to want to acknowledge a problem between the X1 DVR and cloud DVR recording schedules, I decided to post this issue to it's own thread.

Looking at my recording schedule, I see a bunch of shows I have scheduled for Wednesday (Aug 12, 2015) that are not showing up on the Xfinity TV app or website, but show up on the DVR and the DVR Manager website.

As you can see below, out of the 4 shows I have scheduled to record, only 1 is showing up on the Xfinity TV app and website.  Since I have seen this in the past, this will end up with those 3 missing shows not recording to the Cloud DVR.

Since I already see that my Thursday, Aug 13th, schedule is screwed up as well, I will be posting that as well.

DVR Manager

XTV Website

Problem Solver

Recording Schedule Mismatch for Thursday, Aug 13 2015 (4 out of 7 shows missing from Cloud DVR schedule) 

X1 DVR schedule

• 7:00p Boom! - It's The Turkey Gravy Bomb! - 1006
  • 8:01p Big Brother - 1005
  • 8:30p How It's Made - Home Makeover Edition - 1251
  • 9:00p How Do They Do It? - Macadamia Nuts, Tap Water … - 1251
  • 9:00p Under The Dome - Plan B - 1005
  • 9:01p Behind Bars: Rookie Year - Respect - 1330
  • 9:03p Alone - Brokedown Palace - 1270

X1 Cloud DVR schedule

• 7:00p Boom! - It's The Turkey Gravy Bomb! - 1006
  • 8:30p How It's Made - Home Makeover Edition - 1251
  • 9:00p How Do They Do It? - Macadamia Nuts, Tap Water … - 1251
Problem Solver

Recording Schedule Mismatch for Friday, Aug 14 2015 (4 out of 4 shows missing from Cloud DVR schedule) 

X1 DVR schedule

• 7:30p Science Of Stupid - Bottle Rockets And Aerial … - 1261
  • 8:00p Ancient Aliens - Dark Forces - 1270
  • 8:00p Science Of Stupid - Guitars And Snowmobiles - 1261
  • 8:30p Science Of Stupid - Frisbees And Hovercrafts - 1261

X1 Cloud DVR schedule

• None of the 4 shows scheduled to record are showing up
Problem Solver

Recording Schedule Mismatch for Saturday, Aug 15 2015 (1 out of 4 shows missing from Cloud DVR schedule)

X1 DVR schedule

• 8:00p Outrageous Acts Of Science - Insane Inventions - 1251
  • 8:00p The Incredible Dr. Pol - Dr. Strangeglove - 1262
  • 9:00p Race To Escape - Schoolhouse Lock - 1251
  • 9:00p Hannibal - ...And The Beast From The Sea - 1004

X1 Cloud DVR schedule

• 8:00p Outrageous Acts Of Science - Insane Inventions - 1251
  • 8:00p The Incredible Dr. Pol - Dr. Strangeglove - 1262
  • 9:00p Race To Escape - Schoolhouse Lock - 1251
Problem Solver

Recording Schedule Mismatch for Sunday, Aug 16 2015 (4 out of 7 shows missing from Cloud DVR schedule)

X1 DVR schedule
8:36a The Walking Dead - Preview Of 'Fear The Walking … - 1806
7:01p Big Brother - 1005
8:00p HUMANS - Humans - 1806
9:00p Falling Skies - Stalag 14th Virginia - 1206
9:00p Intervention - Erin; Joshua - 1330
9:00p Naked And Afraid - XL: 40 Days Sacrifice - 1250
9:00p The Strain - Identity - 1207

X1 Cloud DVR schedule
8:36a The Walking Dead - Preview Of 'Fear The Walking … - 1806
7:01p Big Brother - 1005
9:00p Intervention - Erin; Joshua - 1330

Problem Solver

Just an update for anyone who might have been having this issue with their Cloud DVR.  I was contacted (on 8/23/2015) via phone by X1 Tier 2 support.  They acknowledged there had been a problem on their end and it was now fixed.  I verified that I hadn't had the issue of losing any scheduled recordings for the past week so the ticket was closed.

What the root of the problem was I wasn't told.  Hopefully the issue won't show up again.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

New Poster

This is happening to me right now. There are several recordings on my DVR on my TV that won't show up on the app or on the web on my laptop. I can see my DVR listing and it several of my shows are there but there are several from different channels and different days that aren't appearing on anything other than my TV.  :-(

Problem Solver

This seems to be happening to quite a few people right now.  Like typical Comcast, they are no where to be found about what causes this.  See this link for a workaround.  Of course, this means checking your recording schedule a few hours before something is scheduled to record to make sure it records to the app and XTV portal.

mommahollick wrote:

This is happening to me right now. There are several recordings on my DVR on my TV that won't show up on the app or on the web on my laptop. I can see my DVR listing and it several of my shows are there but there are several from different channels and different days that aren't appearing on anything other than my TV.  :-(

Regular Visitor

This is also happening to me; however, I have another issure too between my DVR set-top box, the new Xfinity TV app and the Xfinity Remote app.  On my set-top box the DVR says I am a 100% capacity, but can record 10 hours or more of programming with none of my old programs being deleted or scheduled set-top programs not recording.

On the Xfinity TV app it says I'm 100%  full  and I'm missing a bunch of new recording without losing any of my old ones.  Then there is the Xfinity TV remote, it shows all the programs I have on my set-top DVR and that the percentage of recording space used is 60% percent.

It's all messed up.  Part of the problem is that the Xfinity DVR cloud only gives you 500 Gigs while my set-top box has a T terabyte disc.  All would be well if Xfinity would make my cloud DVR capacity the same as my Xfinity set-top box.  I pay $10 for 5 Office 365 installs and each install has a terabyte of capacity.  Why is Xfinity so stingy on cloud DVR space?

I put in a ticket 10 days ago and was promised that someone would call me back, but no one has.  This same problem is happening to a friend who also got a ticket number 10 days ago and no answer back. I'm so darn frustrated and I have a top-tier package and have been a Xfinity customer for over 10 years.

Xfinity TV Remote app.png
Xfinity TV App.png
Regular Visitor

Post removed by admin at OP request

Regular Visitor

I don't know how my one message was posted so many times.  My apology.  Moderators, please remove duplicates, thank-you.

Official Employee

MontanaFrank wrote:

This is also happening to me; however, I have another issure too between my DVR set-top box, the new Xfinity TV app and the Xfinity Remote app.  On my set-top box the DVR says I am a 100% capacity, but can record 10 hours or more of programming with none of my old programs being deleted or scheduled set-top programs not recording.

On the Xfinity TV app it says I'm 100%  full  and I'm missing a bunch of new recording without losing any of my old ones.  Then there is the Xfinity TV remote, it shows all the programs I have on my set-top DVR and that the percentage of recording space used is 60% percent.

It's all messed up.  Part of the problem is that the Xfinity DVR cloud only gives you 500 Gigs while my set-top box has a T terabyte disc.  All would be well if Xfinity would make my cloud DVR capacity the same as my Xfinity set-top box.  I pay $10 for 5 Office 365 installs and each install has a terabyte of capacity.  Why is Xfinity so stingy on cloud DVR space?

I put in a ticket 10 days ago and was promised that someone would call me back, but no one has.  This same problem is happening to a friend who also got a ticket number 10 days ago and no answer back. I'm so darn frustrated and I have a top-tier package and have been a Xfinity customer for over 10 years.

Hi Frank,

Sorry that nobody has called you back but hopefully I can help. The X1 DVR has 500GB of storage on the physical hard drive while Cloud DVR has 60 hours of space. HD versus SD will impact how many recordings will fit on your physical DVR (i.e. HD recordings take up more space) but not impact the Cloud DVR which has a 60 hour-limit.

I looked at your account and see failed Cloud DVR recordings for the past couple weeks because of lack of space. This is typically caused if you have too many recordings set for "Save for 1 year".  If there are 60+ hours of recordings set this way, no new Cloud recordings can take place. 

You can learn more about this in the FAQ below.  

From the X1 Cloud DVR FAQs
Notes:
Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than those on your TV. If you exceed the 60 hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Our X-1 DVR has mulitple recordings on it, only taking up 20% of the space. I can see what is listed on the DVR through my Xfinity remote app. My husband is at home (I am traveling for business) and says there are multiple shows recorded. HOWEVER - since our area finally has the streaming - I have only been able to see one show with only two of our recorded shows  appearing in the app. When it was first activated just over a week ago, there were 4 shows there, but my husband deleted two of them not thinking I might want to watch those shows.... Neither of those shows appear in the deleted shows for me either! Is there something else he has to do to get the shows to upload to the cloud? I have looked at both apps and I am not seeing anything I can do remotely.... Please resolve this issue!!!! We're paying for a service that is not working properly!!!

New Poster

Hello,

I have a similar problem where X1 DVR unit has the recorded program but the cloud DVR (Xfinity Stream) does not show that recording. This started 3/25 (sat). Xfinity Stream shows only 68% full.

I see the same issue posted here and there.  I would appreciate if Comcast staff can take a look.

KO

New Poster

Update:

The recorded shows started appearing on cloud DVR from Monday (3/27). But the recordings on Sunday, Saturday are only showing up in X1 DVR box.  Was not contacted by Comcast, so it may have resolved by its own ?

KO