Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Workaround for Adobe FlashPlayer Issue causing 900|3313 errors

New Poster

I can't watch xfinity videos online.  I get this error msg. i tried to use the troubleshoot  but it's not lsted on the page I found (http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshoot-xfinity-tv-videos/#900)

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: Error 900|3313.1000055

Hello,

We were just notified of a Microsoft patch that impacted Adobe playback. It enabled "protected mode" within all version of Internet Explorer but will impact any browser.

Here is a link to temporarily correct this while Adobe works on a patch to correct this behavior. Please note this will affect ALL Xfinity TV video products on the web. Adobe's ETA was 9/23. 

Please disable Protected Mode in your browser (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/protectmodeie7.htm)

We are also looking to enable messaging in our player that will take you to this link or our Support site. 

More details as we have them...

Thanks,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

That did the trick!  Thank you, Matt!

Regular Contributor

We have been working with Adobe and here is the more recommended path, so you can re-enable Protected mode and do one of the following:

MSFT changed the protected path in Windows and broke Adobe. This happens when the machine has Protected Mode enabled. Adobe is aware and is attempting a fix worst case scenario this will be patched by Sep 23rd.

• Impacted Devices: Win7+/All versions of IE. The increase in 3313 errors appears to be limited to Flash Player version 15 in Internet Explorer on Windows 7.
  • Products Impacted: TV Go Web playback for TV shows/movies or live streaming

Customer Workarounds:

1.) Install the latest version 15 beta released September 10th, which can be downloaded from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html (Recommended)

2.) Alternative browsers, since the issue appears to only occur in Internet Explorer.

The next regular service update to the Flash Player by Adobe is expected to fully resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: Workaround for Adobe FlashPlayer Issue causing 900|3313 errors

Matt, I unchecked the enable protected mode and it worked.

Will I have to re-install flash player 15 or will it update automatically?

-Scott

Regular Visitor

TO  MATT

AFTER YOU INSTALLED DID IT WORK???

New Poster

There was a MS update last Tuesday.  After installing it, I re-checked the "enable protected mode" box and now have no problems.

New Poster

is there a workaround for goocle chrome? i am getting the same error

New Poster

It isn't just an issue with IE, It is also a problem with FireFox and Google Chrome.

Regular Contributor

NutterButter/All,

Are you still seeing this error across browsers or did this just start again with Chrome? Keep in mind at the time of this post ONLY IE was impacted. Chrome auto updates their browser frequently so its very possible a new release impacted Adobe.

If so, would you mind posting your version of Chrome AND the Flash version (by going to //chrome/plugins)?

We do daily reports to look for trends and I don't recall any big lift in Chrome errors.

Thanks, will followup in the morning after getting the overnight report.

Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Cannot play any video back today - I get a variety of error messages, including one saying I do not have ABC network in my service - is that even possible? but I know I do.  When I first tried to play a video it said I had to update FLASH so I did, and now nothing works - says video unavailable and one error was 8004 (maybe it was 8005 - not sure) .  I use Opera and have had no problems other than the repetitious ads previously for over a year.

New Poster

This fixed mine. Reset the licenses.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html

Comcast needs to step it up. I bet this fixes 90% of the Error 900's.

Regular Contributor

Bignick,

That will resolve any Adobe DRM error (33xx) error. The "900|*" errors are just how Adobe classifies all their player errors in general. Typically mismatches occur if your browser gets updated while authenticated to our site and that will refresh things for you. Shouldn't be needed regularly though. If so, there's another issue happening so please let us know.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Dont work has not worked. I do not use IE. Your business class internet help sucks.

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I get a similar message when trying to play videos, except mine is the following:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Togetherness S1|E7 "Togetherness 07 (HBO)".

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

900|101000.101004.101007

Sometimes this may only occur once or twice during playback and sometimes it occurs every minute or so. I've tried the DRM solution as well as clearing History but still it persists.

Is this a Flash Player problem as well? Thanks.

Regards

ModManSEK

Contributor

Adobe Xfinity FAIL

I have windows 8.1 and it kept telling me to install latest Flash Player.  Then Adobe site would say you don't need to update 8.1 and then there was a video playing that confirmed Flash was updated. 

I restarted and enabled & disabled Active X, that seemed to work.  But you know what is AWESOME???  Having it play FOUR MINUTES of commericals in perfect HD before the ERROR that it couldn't play Walking Dead.  That was AWESOME.  Thanks for that.  Can you make it so that if there is an error, the ADs don't play perfectly and THEN the error.  It makes you look bad when the ads play and then content we pay for doesn't.  Extremely annoying too that since I restarted I had to watch ANOTHER FOUR MINUTES of commercials before I could tell if it worked.  FAIL 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Adobe Xfinity FAIL

Yep, its been eight months and I still have yet to be able to watch any show on any channel, or any movie on any channel. Tired every browser, yes everything is updated. To put it simply, Comcast, you are F'ing lazy. Fix your horrible streaming. Your internet, your website. Its you, its no one else but you.

Frequent Visitor

Please explain to me after eight friggin months, I still get the same error? Everything is updated on myside and I've tried every browser under the sun.

And like I said before, its your site, its your internet, its your fault. EIGHT mounts stil nothing. Why am I paying you guys again?

Service Expert
Moved:

4 posts by the same person removed. Inappropriate, trolling,  flaming, disruptive, name-calling, circumventing  the language filter.

Frequent Visitor

Removed them, eh?  For myself, I have often encountered videos that wold not play, on legit news and financial business  sites, mainly. Haven't complained yet.  Maybe since the Marine has been stiffed for 8 months or more, maybe the language wasn't so terribly inappropriate, either.

Of course, one would wish that he had enough courtesy to report his browsers and current versions and their enabled add-ons,, his brand of PC and its system OS, his Comcast level of services (both Internet and TV), the anti-malware program(s) version, his firewall that is turned on, and the version of Adobe Flash Player that he has now, that is failing to play. I have noticed in my work, that the great, indispensable, protective NoScript extension in Firefox will default to block videos that could be viewed quickly by configuring the NoScript Options to Accept from, sometimes, more than one script host.  Also, M$ IE has settings in its  "Internet Options" dialog box (on the Tools menu in IE) that can prevent the machine from receiving many videos and images, along with its blocking of ads, popups, etc. Certain settings on the Security tab and some of the other tabs have been known to do this.

Perhaps some folks have this problem because a plug-in or other 3rd-party add-on or toolbar, and maybe such folks ought to consult via the Chat option, found by using the Contact us hyperlink in the bottom border of the Xfinity Support  homepage.  Comcast's phone response system logged me in and then disconnected all of my multiple tries to access a Customer rep. via phone call Sunday afternoon, but the Chat rep. worked with me with negligible delay, once I abandoned the telephone, and we had a productive interaction.

I am surprised on finding this complaint and follow-ups to be on this section of Forum, that is denominated for XFINITY TV/Xfinity TV Website. It looks like the complaint clearly is an ISP's (Internet Service Provider's) problem, not a cable TV problem. And of course, Comcast.com is the ISP, but Internet is not an Xfinity TV service, is it? .   

So, other than removing some unlikable rants;  with all due respect, what are you Comcasters doing to help the Marine above, to receive his services in working order? This is, now,  two weeks later, with no visble action nor even a response from the Official Employee or the Service Expert side.